or Connect

Posts by eminencejae

I just found out about this from being a member of the yahoo group UTFriendsofMidwifes. It would make nearly everyone inelligable for a home birth if passed. It also says that they would be looking at the legislation in other states, so it kind of is a nationwide issue I think, that one state could spoil the whole bunch which is why I'm not only posting it in the tribal area of UT. Check it out and find a way to stop this. I think it's really very...
Quote: Originally Posted by pamamidwife My favorite remedy for hemorrhage, besides placenta medicine, is cinnamon tincture. Honey sticks are a great thing to have on hand - quick energy that digests well and doesn't come back up. Motherwort tincture rocks for getting peace during prodromal, early labor, after cramping, and mothering in general. How much does one take of these things? Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by RiceMomma Nosy person: "Who's your doctor?" or "What do the doctors say?" or "What hospital are you having your baby at?" or "How many centimeters are you?" or "Is your doctor going to test for GBS/GD/induce/strip your membranes/ schedule a section?" ect to infinity You: "Why do you need to know?" Nosy person: no longer knows what to say :
Wow! that is soooo Kewl! Thank you so much for posting your story and pics, You look great, and so does the baby! It's so great that it was just yesterday morning and I just now caught your post. Congratulations! It's all just amazing.
Quote: Originally Posted by nudnik eminencejae, I saw somewhere that taking an epidural for a normal birth is like taking an epidural during a marathon. The same overworked muscles, possibly even pain, can be overwhelmed by the exhilaration of knowing you're about to finish the race! Drugging yourself up so you can't experience the sensations of winning... well, it just wouldn't be the same. Thank you! That's a great example! I read that...
At this point I would find someone else to watch my daughter, and I would cut ties with someone I thought was behaving in a nasty ignorant manner. Of course that's easier said than done but anyone that is willing to beleive that I would put my child at risk and make nasty comments about natural things - I just wouldn't want my immediate family to have any part of. It's really not worth the stress and misery to deal with people who refuse to listen to reason or understand...
I go by my username, or just Jae. I'm located in Utah and the only reason I'm glad of my locale is that the birthing laws seem to be better. I'm due May 26th. This will be my second. It's another boy, and things are going along very well and seems to be a very quick prenancy. I'm looking for a CNM or homebirth midwife in the SLC area that wouldn't mind being available for an unassisted birth, but however simply attend or show up to check us out afterwards. If...
Quote: Originally Posted by ~~Mama2B~~ .... I have a friend who believes she could not physically make it through birth without an epidural. The thing that saddens me is not that fact that she has epidurals, but the fact that our society leads women to believe that they cannot get through birth wihout assistance.... This brings about a question with me for the UCers that would hope that a best friend or even a stranger who has no clue that...