or Connect

Posts by oliviagoddess

Ask to speak with pre-authorization. Your pregnancy is NOT a "normal" pregnancy - you might get stiched up, you might end up on bed rest, you might end up in the hospital with early labor at 24 weeks or you might not. These are just some of the fun possibilities with "high risk" pregnancies. "High risk" does not always mean problems, but even people who have reported textbook pregnancies have been closely monitored by their doctors, just to make sure - because you may...
Ok, since we're talking stink I'll share. I am allergic to anything that looks like sulfur in the ingredients and have spent a lot of $ since July trying to find something to de-stinkify me. I started my search after regular deodorant started to not work. I drink like 1 gallon of water per day and pee a lot, I don't eat spicy foods or a lot of garlic, I don't drink alcohol and I even take chlorophil tablets and still stink! I have tried the Thai crystal and it...
Try asking for specific things that are natural, organic and waldorf-ish. A handmade Waldorf doll will run her over $100 and may cut down the amount of stuff simply because she is spending more per. As for clothes, do you know how much woolies cost? Again, natural and organic clothing will make grandma feel she is giving the kids something super special - hard to find and trully appreciated. Stockmar makes great beeswax block crayons (and regular) great for little...
Quote: Originally Posted by wednesday Wow, that's powerful! I can't remember -- the straps are supposed to be slightly below or even with the shoulders for rear-facing, right? It depends on your model, check the owner's manual. With the Britax, the belt is supposed to be slightly above the shoulders, but just by a hair. That's why I linke the new Wizard, as it has a knob for fine tuning the height. This is our 3rd carseat and the 2nd...
Electra375 wrote: "I am just way out of the TIMES for carseats and boosters -- I went on-line and looked at pictures and I noticed the Britax Boosters do not have straps like a carseat! I have 3 "boosters" and they are all 5 point harnesses (Century, Graco, and Cosco). They were made for those who have out grown the forward facing carseats, purchased in 2001 & 2002." What you are describing is a convertible carseat/booster combo. You are using it as a carseat (not a...
You didn't say what the sex was of the healthy pregnancy and your miscarriages. A woman's body sees a male fetus as slightly more foreighn than a female fetus. Also egg quality declines sharply in your mid 30's. The optimum egg "laying" happens between 23 and 28, then it's downhill from there. Not saying that an older woman won't have a healthy pregnancy, but rather her chances go down significantly, especially if she has a risk factor noted above. In my case, I...
It really depends on how mature he is. Most new dads feel left out because they no longer have their wife's undivided attention. Suddenly there is an interloper and he / she is attached to the breast, hubby's love toy! The mature man can address this dicodomy and lovingly look at is bf wife and think wow, this is the greatest thing in the world: we made this human being and my wife can make milk, we are a self sufficient unit. This is usually when they go out and...
I don't know but I was a nursing horn dog. Of course if you ask my husband I was an ice queen but we were having issues and I wasn't going to have 2 minutes of sex and end up pregnant again, I so kept to myself. I do know that nursing makes your brain produce the orgasm hormone oxytocin (I think) and some women experience vaginal contractions when nursing. Nature wants you to nurse the baby and have sex to bond the family together. It makes no sense for the hunter to...
Ah yes, the heady days of Sputnik! I remember being a little discomboulated when I first started nursing. For the 1st 3 months I could's do it without my EZ2Nurse twins pillow. I was 1n H cup and I had a premie, so she wasn't allowed around people until 3 months. As time went on the only excercise I got was mall walking and at the time we liven in Champagne Urbana IL. They had couches in the middle of the mall instead of kiosks and it was much more familiar to...
Ok, I am Greek Orthodox and we pretty much believe the same thing about not circ'ing. It was decided by Peter that to be a christian (and LDS are still considered a denomination of christian?) you didn't need to be Jewish, ie don't have to follow the rules (kosher, circ, etc). If you still consider yourself a christian, but notLDS you could still offer advice that is pretty universal in the basics of Christian faith, even if you are of another denomination. The...