or Connect

Posts by Redifer

I would just like to point out something to the minor dental debate taking place here: Is anyone truly aware of just how difficult it is to obtain gainful employment for OVER minimum wage with a mouthful or rotten and/or missing teeth? My husband does. And he's from suburban WNY, just from a family that didn't think dental care was important. We may not like it, but the fact remains that appearances DO play a role in daily life. I can't tell you how many jobs he's...
I've lived in 3 apartments that we had no control over the heat whatsoever. And I run around so much I get overheated easily. So in those apartments it was fairly common to see ALL the windows WIDE open, in Buffalo, NY. I know it wasn't just me, because whenever we had guests they would remark how absurdly hot it was even WITH all the windows open. Plus, I cannot stand stuffy air. It makes me feel like I'm suffocating.
Quote: Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife yup. I can think of 2 RN's, 1 PA and a teacher that I know personally who partake on a very regular basis. Oh, and an awesome chiropractor! Then of course, I know a ton of other functioning members of society, these are just the ones on a more professional level that you would probably assume didn't smoke. Now, I do know some lazy, unmotivated, 'stoner' types but it's more of a personality/mental health...
Quote: Originally Posted by Heavenly I don't find it funny to hear little children singing songs they shouldn't even be listening to. Why is a 6 year old listening to pink? Then my almost 5 year old singing ACDC's "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" and Aerosmith's "Rag Doll", among other things (including "I Kissed a Girl", "Johnny I Hardly Knew Ya", and "Whatever You Like") would probably elicit an eyeroll and snark from you, huh?
I have a "wedding ring" tattoo. Actually, it's a crown, on my left ring finger. DH has the same. Honestly, it took about 3 minutes to whiz out mine, and felt like... a flea bite after you've scratched it raw, to be honest. I also have crosses on each of my second toes (those hurt like an SOB), a huge shinpiece (that I literally slept through, didn't hurt a bit), and a jailhouse tattoo of DD1's initials on my shoulderblade (which was moderately annoying). I find,...
Just wanted to chime in as another non-smoker who supports legalization of mj. I have smoked pot. Back in high school, I smoked it daily. After high school, I gradually became less and less interested in it. By the time I was 19, I didn't smoke at all. Now, at 24, I haven't smoked in 5 years. I have no plan to smoke again. At this point in my life, I don't like the way it makes me feel. However, many people I know, including DH, smoke occasionally to regularly....
Working Poor: Invisible in America Overdosed America The Hundred-Year Lie Generation Rx: The Crazy Makers Flat Broke with Children: Women in the Age of Welfare Reform This is just one library trip's worth, and I read every single one in under 36 hours, they were that fantastic.
I put about 1.5 Tbsp Ecos detergent, some vinegar, a dash of Bac-Out and some TTO/Eucalyptus oil in mine! Gets out every stain known to man (because my carpets have seen it all), and leaves my house smelling clean!
Quote: Originally Posted by Freefromitall I had to scratch my head at the idea that a 23yr old with a bong was considered national news. LOL This. I honestly don't care what he does in his free time, provided it isn't hurting anyone else. Michael Phelps is not my child or my responsibility. Jeez, he's 6 months older than me. Likewise, I cannot see how smoking pot should effect his career at all. It's hardly a "performance enhancing drug",...
I have a fur coat I inherited from my grandmother. I wear it daily. I'm not pretentious, in the least. I'm kind of a big dork. But, I live in Buffalo. Winters here can get quite cold. And I don't tolerate cold well. Poor circulation and whatnot. So, I wear it because it keeps me warm and toasty. Not because it'll "look like I have money", which I don't, and not because I want attention. Just because it's the warmest thing I own is the only reason I wear it!