or Connect

Posts by Redifer

I think I'll never get my redhead baby! I'm a deep, RED Redhead. My mom, grandfather, great-grandmother, and my paternal grandfather all had my color. DH has NO ONE in his family with even a hint of red. He has hair so dark it's borderline black (if he didn't have grey scattered through it, yes, at 24 haha). I have two kiddos. Both of which started out almost platinum blonde. DD1 now has her father's color.. a deep, rich, dark-chocolate color, albeit in sunlight you...
Alright, I'll give my perspective. I'm irrational when pregnant. I know that I'm irrational, but it doesn't stop my hormones from causing me to be irrational. I can apologize all I like for it later, but it still doesn't prevent the behavior. I'm not saying your wife is being irrational, rather, I'm trying to explain what makes sense in my head but am not always eloquent enough to express. And I've never had to deal with a pregnancy loss. I can only ... no, I can't. ...
I had my titers checked and apparently am immune to everything except rubella. So, I won't be going anytime soon! DH we just filed an exemption for, as he started college this past week (YAY!) and didn't want the vaccines. Of course the college gave him a bit of a hard time, but it's done. As for my kids, when they're adults they can do what they will. Their bodies are their own to decide for.
We're a nicknaming family. I ONLY go by my nickname (see the screenname? 95% of everyone I know calls me Red or Redifer, instead of Jen or Jennifer) unless in a business situation. DH tends to only go by his last name as opposed to his given name. Or, with close friends, he goes by Haywood Focker, or just Focker, from Meet The Parents. The kids each have multiple nicknames, and we tend to only use them as opposed to their given names. The baby was PeeWee for a...
Oh certainly. DD2 is allergic to dairy and soy. And soy is in SO much, it's insane trying to keep track, at least for me. Granted, we've had a SMALL group of friends who went above and beyond to make sure they had something the baby could eat when we visit, even though I'm so accustomed to bringing something for her. Even if it was a frozen vegetable, they always had SOMETHING on hand, and always remembered when we came over not to feed her anything. They were...
Same thing just happened with DH's grandmother. First of all, the woman is a hypochondriac, and is currently on about 40 pills a day. So, she INSISTS she has Strep. Now, we're all sick, we have a very MILD cold with a sore throat and a bit of stuffiness. Not Strep. I know Strep, it makes me DEATHLY ill for weeks. What do you know? She gets two antibiotics. She calls back the NEXT DAY, saying they aren't working, so she gets a STRONGER antibiotic. The next day, she...
I'm very interested in finding this pediatrician too, so if anyone knows her name or has anymore reccomendations, please, let me know!!
15" and 15.25" here. Neither one molded, they both almost shot right out. Big-headed babies run in our family hehehe.
Quote: Originally Posted by katie9143 my sis has a big black lizard on her shoulder. if i had asked her to cover it up she woulda kicked my a** and probably then showed up with a couple new ones This. I have a honkin shinpiece currently, and am starting my backpiece/ribwork (TOMORROWWWW!!! YAY!). My sis has 4. If someone had told us to cover half our bodies with makeup for wedding pictures, we'd probably run out and get big, bold,...
I had this happen TWICE to me in childhood. Once, when I was about 5 or 6, I fell on a roller skate and tore my labia. I can barely remember it now! Then when I was about 11 or so, I was learning how to waterski, and crossed the wake. I fell pretty good, but the ski fell off my foot and shot itself right up my behind! I had a mild-to-moderate perineal tear from it. Now, it's just a funny story I tell from time to time about that one time I had a waterski go up my...