or Connect

Posts by Redifer

Gawd, I wish I knew more people who were quiet like that, too! I'm extremely fair (like, I could lay outside at night naked and they could direct air traffic with me pale), and bruise SUPER easily. On top of that, I'm an extremely active (sometimes hyperactive) person, and I'm rough and clumsy. So, I have bruises EVERYWHERE. Currently, I'm working at House of Horrors (the big haunted house production in my area), and from running around, jumping on things, climbing...
See, I had the opposite problem: I FLY OPEN as far as dilation. With DD2, I went from (supposedly) 4 cm to 7 in 40 minutes, and then the rest in another 20 minutes. Of course, they left me in an exam room for the entire hour, because when they left me I was only 4 cm, despite my telling them with my first daughter I dilated just as fast and went from mild cramps to "here she is!" in about 2 hours total. By the time they came to get me, I was pushing in the exam room,...
DD1 was 8lbs 4 oz at 41w3d. DD2 was 10lbs 1 oz at 42w. I'm just hoping that trend doesn't continue and I wind up with a 12 lb'er for a third!
Thanks much, those are great!! We do definitely do a lot of empathy with her. Right now, she's at the stage where she'll tell me she's mad at me, she doesn't want to talk to me. I just tell her that's fine, she's allowed to be mad at me, I understand, and if she's ready to talk about it, I'm here. We do a lot of reassurance, too. I was an explosive child, for quite a long time, as was DH. I can remember how totally overwhelming those feelings could be, and how...
Hi! Hardly ever start a thread here, so here comes my turn! I need some help with my 4 year old. She's an explosive child; her emotions very quickly become totally too overwhelming for her to deal with. Not just anger.. happiness too! However, when she's angry, she usually resorts to kicking and screaming. My only concern is: we live in a VERY small home, which echoes insanely. Her screaming hurts my ears, the baby's ears, etc. And the kicking worries me,...
I'm kinda weird about it: if my kids are sick, even without typical symptoms (cranky, lethargic, but no cough/nose issues/tummy issues), I won't take them visiting. We have several severely immune-compromised family members, including MIL, who if she gets a mild cold it quickly turns into double pneumonia and a 3 week hospice stay. Granted, my kids almost never get sick. However, I really don't care if sick kids come to play at my house. My kids have pretty strong...
Oh God, I thought I was the only one. At our last library, there was no limit on books, so every week on Tuesday (DH's day off) we'd go. I'd check out at least 15-20 books for myself, and DD (4) would get 10 or so. DH would grab 2-4 for himself to read when he wasn't working. So we were leaving every Tuesday with anywhere between 27 and 40 books, and bringing them all back the next Tuesday, read. We must be quite a troupe, because the stares we get as we walk in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Evan&Anna's_Mom The one that put me over the edge was his advise to parents of "late" potty trainers (anything over 2 in his definition). You were supposed to "confine" (read lock) them in the bathroom until they "performed" correctly. He mentioned that this could take "up to 4-5 hours" for an "extremely stubbon and self-centered child". OMG -- locking a 2 year old in a bathroom for that long! Most of us realize that this...
A) What is/was your occupation (in addition to being a Mother)? Currently, I'm a WOHM. For the majority of the time, I'm a SAHM. B) Education level? (e.g. high school, college graduate, post-graduate)? Currently in school for my Bachelor of Nursing Science, with plans to Master in Women's/Maternal Health, and then take a break before heading back to Medical School for Ob/Gyn (gotta have some OB's fighting the good fight). C) Do you see yourself as more of an...
If they want a masculine, semi-unusual but still semi-traditional name, see if they like "Dane", "Corin", "Victor", "Foster", "Lucien", "Pierce"... some Victorian era names. Masculine, traditional, but still unique.