or Connect

Posts by Redifer

I ALWAYS dress up. And this year, I have to, seeing as how I got a job at NY's House of Horrors. 5 week gig of dressing up and scaring the crap outta folks! But anyhow, I plan on going as Jessica Rabbit post-mortem via vampire attack this year. Don't even ask how I came up with that. I have no idea.
I'm kinda ridiculous with my nails. I do them about every 3 days. And I LOVE crazy colors. Today I'm rather subdued, with black fingernails and red toenails. I personally love neon colors. Two of my favorites are highlighter pink and highlighter yellow (that glow in blacklight!). But usually, I like to stick with black fingernails and toenails with crazy colored dots or stripes. (I told you, I'm ridiculous). OPI makes some gorgeous colors. Piggy Polish makes...
We're already running into this, and DD just turned 4. Not even old enough to attend real public school! So far, several people have convinced her that she wants to go to school. She has no idea what school IS. I've taken to telling people that, you know what, she also wants to eat nothing but candy and watch cartoons all day, but as her parent, it's not only my right, but my JOB to ensure she gets the best possible (IMO) diet and activity level for her needs. Same...
Quote: Originally Posted by rjruiz_415 I keep logging in to do my 10 questions, and as soon as i log in another window opens up telling me that my log-in failed....but it shows me as logged in im so confused Mine too. I've tried for the past 3 days, at several different times of day, and I still keep getting an error message in another window, and no 10 questions yet!!
Quote: Originally Posted by rainbowmoon wow, where do you live and what do you eat in a normal day/week? me and 2 kids (under 5) EASILY spend $100 per WEEK on food! my kids are like bottomless pits though lately! LOL... it's not where ya live, it's who ya know! My family are all farmers! Grandparents and Aunt still have relatively large farms, and good lifelong friends now have an extensive organic farm, including meat, dairy, poultry, soaps...
Ahhh... 3.5. We just went through this. And honestly, there were times that, though I loved my DD, immensely, painfully, soul-crushingly loved her.... I just didn't, well, like being AROUND her. Then, I decided to give up trying to fight the age. I had tried EVERYTHING. Until I literally just gave up. I made my mind a blank state and started from scratch as though she were my first child, in a newborn state. When she would have a meltdown, if I could handle it,...
Our housing and transportation was spot on, if a little high. Child care was high because we don't use any. I'm not quite sure what 'other' is for, but it seemed high. Food, OTOH, was outrageously high. $452 a month. I'm lucky if I spend $100 a month on our family (2 adults, 2 children under 5). And that's with a kid with food allergies! Then again, maybe it all seemed high because we're currently making $0 (DH hears about the job tonite at midnight!), so maybe my...
Both DH and I were abused physically and emotionally/mentally. We both are in total agreement that the non-physical abuse was the absolute worst. "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words leave scars forever" kinda sums it up for us. And, for us, the hardest part in parenting our own is not in trying not to hit our children, but in trying not to revert the far more (in our opinion) damaging behavior of mentally/emotionally abusing them with our words. It was so...
We did ASL with both kids, starting around 5 months. DH's FIL and StepMIL are both deaf, as are the majority of his 'extended family' that he's known since he was in diapers. So, it was important that we used ASL, and FIL loves that he can 'chat' with DD1. I use two online ASL dictionaries, one with video and one without, and a great big ole book of an ASL dictionary. And I just pick words that seem to interest them that day. It has realllllly helped with the baby. ...
Oooh... I am not in need of a service dog, but those things irritate me as well. I remember being in the mall one day with DD, who was a little over 3, and seeing a nice older gentleman with a service dog. And kids running up to the dog without asking permission. Now, for one, we trained dogs for a living when I was a child. My mom trained service and K9 dogs. So I have great respect for the amount of work these dogs do. For two, I emphasize very clearly to DD that...