or Connect

Posts by Redifer

I had whooping cough while pregnant with #2. It wasn't awful, by any stretch. It was irritating, that's for sure. 7 long weeks of coughing, mainly in the morning and at night. I think I gagged maybe 3 times but never vomited (I despise throwing up and will avoid it/fight it at all costs). DH and DD1 are unvaxxed, and neither one got sick, so that wasn't an issue. I just tried to stay home and keep them home so as not to infect our immuno-compromised family. ...
See, DH doesn't believe me when I tell him that semen has a definite smell. When we lived with his brother and SIL (we all split a house), after his BIL got out of the shower (which just so happens to be a 2-3 hour long shower.. every.. freakin... day...) I had to take one. I got out and told my DH: "Dude, the whole bathroom smells like spooge.. your brother was having some happy time in there, and then I had to shower in that environment.. not cool." He was like, what...
I do know that the item was never intended for children; this came out a while ago on another board I frequent for strip club employees. As far as the whole 'keep our daughters off the pole comments', I'm just going to keep my mouth shut. I currently work in a club, and I enjoy it very much. Granted, I don't strip (can't dance!), but I have no objections to it. Maybe it's just because unless you, yourself, have worked in that type of establishment, you really have...
Aaaggghhh I've been waiting since LAST YEAR for it... When the season ended and they said it'd be on NEXT SUMMER, I flipped.. I was like, great, it'll be cancelled before it ever hits! But now I'm jumping for joy! This is literally my favorite show. Helps that Michael is pretty durn lovely to look at
Just have to chime in with gabysmom... DH's grandmother and mother are like this.. and it gets SO much worse as the kids get older. DD1 is normally a peach. Caring, empathetic, listens to suggestions and takes discipline well. Until we go to either GMIL or MIL's house. Because, since birth, she's learned that there, she can do whatever she wants. Then, it got worse. Now, if we go over there for 5 minutes, for the next 3 months she's a nightmare. Tantrums, spiteful...
Seeing as how my oldest daughter (4) is about as graceful as I am (read: 0%), we've had many a booboo. She has: -Bust her lip open -Ran around the corner into the kitchen, slid on the floor and bashed her forehead open on the bottom corner of a cabinet.. big ole nasty gash in her forehead. -Sliced the webbing between her thumb and pointer wide open with a tape measure -Broken a window and gotten glass in her forehead, leg, hand - Scraped nearly every part of her...
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan : I've eyedballed other people's desserts to see if I want one too. I hope the slightly greedy look in my eyes wasn't construed as disapproval! LOL Dessert envy is ok... I often struggle with 'buyers remorse' when it comes to dessert... get one, then see someone else's and go "crap, I really think I should have gotten THAT one!"
Argh we have friends like this. They constantly want to go shopping.. and then wonder why we don't buy anything. Um, dude, you know we only make $300 a week.. we're lucky if we can afford an Auntie Anne's pretzel when we go to the mall, to split between 3 of us. I'm totally happy for them, he got a great job at a GREAT place, and makes $40-something dollars an hour. I'm so proud of him, and happy he made it. But he KNOWS we make less in a week than he brings home...
I think the one group is being inconsiderate. I was raised that when you're having company, you always take that company's food preferences and requirements into consideration when planning the menu (my dad was a total foodie.. food is LIFE to that man). And I agree. There is no point in inviting someone over for a meal if there will be nothing they can EAT. That's pretty cold, if you ask me. It's not really that difficult. We're not vegan, but we have a vegan...
Anyway, to answer the questions: 1 - do the terms fat or skinny offend you? Not particularly, no. They're adjectives. However, they can be used entirely inappropriately. 2 - have you had derogatory comments about your weight made TO YOUR FACE? Yes. Only by a SIL of mine, who happens to be overweight and unhappy about it. I try to just brush it off, because I know she struggles with her weight, instead of getting mad about it. 3 - are you skinny or overweight? ...