or Connect

Posts by Redifer

Are we talking safety words in a sexual context? Like, in S&M and Asphix circles, there are 'safety words', which means "STOP".. something out of the ordinary that you wouldn't regularly say in that situation. As far as on the phone, relaying information, it's more like a code.. DH and I have one (for a just in case scenario). We change it every so often. A few from the past were: "I think I lost the remote", "The refrigerator is broken", or "The laundry fell off the...
Ok, there's much confusion as to how many artists choose their canvas. For the vast majority, any residential dwelling, without prior permission from the homeowner, is strictly off-limits. Yes, half the 'point' is to challenge the idea of 'plain concrete is better-looking than art'.. but bombing someone's house is not cool. I've never met, IRL or online forums, someone who would throw a piece up on someone's private dwelling without their explicit request or...
I like linen.. usually with a TINY bit of rayon just for a little stretch. Light and cool, but strong enough for my 35 lber. My cotton knit wraps are all baby blankies now, cuz DD just got too heavy for them. I usually grab 6 yards to start with, and cut down to about 4.5-5 yards. I like to have a little extra in case I screw up (which I'm notorious for!).. I like mine on the wider side, too. I usually cut them to about 30". For some reason, I just think it's easier...
I am a small-time street artist. And back in high school, I actually did a term paper on the differences between 'tagging' and 'graffiti'. They are two different things. I don't care much for tagging. It's not very expressive, and in many cases it's usually sloppy. But there are some very talented graffiti artists who do AMAZING work, beautiful pieces of art, and I have to admit, I always get a little steamed to see someone covering it up with a coat of paint. I've...
I had a washer, but had to leave it behind when we moved (it wouldn't fit on the trailer). Now, our place doesn't have a washer OR hookups (landlord will put them in) and we can't afford another. We also can't afford a laundromat. I've just been washing my dipes in the bathtub, like I do the rest of our clothes, and stringing them on a clothesline. It's not too hard to do (and I've gotten some wicked nice arms from it!). But, yes, I'm still CD'ing, even without a...
We JUST moved to FL, and are still adjusting to the heat/humidity, so sometimes for us, it's just downright to hot. I did go pick up some really nice linen to make a wrap with, and DD seems to like that better than my old one. But last week at the flea market, she wanted nothing to do with it and wanted to be in the stroller. I just let her decide when she wants to be worn. Sometimes she wants to when it's brutally hot, other times she wants nothing to do with it. ...
As long as needed. I <3 little babies. I've actually done it before, with my niece. I had her for 7 months, from the time she was 2 months old til she was 9 months. It was tough, because she was only three months younger than my daughter (so I had a 5 month old and a 2 month old, to a 1 year old and a 9 month old), but I'd do it all over again. The whole family dynamic improved.
See, I grew up wealthy, and still know the diff. between wants and needs. Now, I'm dirt poor. And we hear from the IL's all the time about how we "need" this and that. We live in a 2 bedroom, 1 bath 500 sq ft trailer between 2 adults, a 4 year old and a 1 year old. Supposedly, we "need" a bigger place. I wash my laundry by hand in the bathtub, and hang it on clotheslines to dry, because I can't afford to go to the laundromat if we want to buy food. Apparently, I also...
Well, these aren't the best pictures, but the only ones I have on photobucket right now: This was some thrift store curtains I originally bought for making an Easter dress: http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...r/DSCF3924.jpg http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...r/DSCF3925.jpg This was made out of DD1's outgrown sheets just yesterday: http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...r/DSCF3916.jpg And, just for giggles, PeeWee checkin out her new...
LOL I voted 'other', because my 4 year old calls me: Mom - When she wants something Mommy - When she's in a cute, spunky mood Momma - When she doesn't feel good or is tired or stressed Mother - When she's annoyed at me She's my little goof.