or Connect

Posts by Redifer

I'm an internalizer. I've never lost a child, but I've had other tragic events happen. And people either think I'm completely cold or I'm in denial. I'm just a private person. I don't talk about it, I just go on doing what I do, and when I get a moment away to myself, I let loose. DH and I have been together for 5 years, and he's seen me lose it maybe twice, both while pregnant and the hormones added to the chaos. Other than that, even he doesn't see my grief. I...
Argh my 4 year old does the repeating the same question thing all day long. The thing that drives me absolutely insane is, the kid has an insane memory. I mean, at this present time, she has memorized (from beginning to end, no lie, can quote the entire movie) 8 or 9 movies. She knows the words to 3 or 4 cd's full of songs. So, how in the WORLD can she NOT remember me telling her 3 minutes ago the answer to her question? And 3 minutes before that? and 15 minutes...
Hey, my MIL was at my DD2's birth... all sorts of nose-deep, up-close-and-personal with my crotch. Right where I wanted her. I invited her to be present at the birth. It was important to me that she was there. Don't rule it out! I know plenty of women who had their MIL at the birth!
I know.. I totally should have a job at Hallmark. I'm weirdly decent at whipping up small little poems about anything at all.
"Do Us A Favor And Leave Some Art, And Give Yourself A Happy Heart, But One Request Before You Part, Leave The Chalk For Other's Art!" LMAO Very cool idea though!!
My first one I had an epidural, so I was stoned out of my gourd. I just kept saying things like "I'm stoned" and "I can see board games on the ceiling!" My second one was natural, and I got quite cranky as I was starting to hit transition (AND they took my music away... I NEEDED that metallica!). DH and MIL were both touching and rubbing me, and it was just sensory overload. So I wound up flapping my arms around like a duck on meth, yelling at them to "Stop F-ing...
You should see people's reactions when they ask what I do. I don't hide my job, like it's shameful. I just say "cocktail waitress". Where? In a strip club. Automatically, I'm stupid, easy, and trashy. Which anyone who knows me knows I am DEFINITELY not stupid. And easy and trashy don't concern me anyhow. However, I have noticed if they get to know me a bit and have conversations with me before asking the 'job question', they wind up totally surprised I would work...
We had a few signs on our door. One for solicitors, one for proselytizers, and one for people in general knocking on my door that I don't know. And of course, no fail, people would ignore the sign at least once or twice a week. And they'd find me, a VERY cranky, disheveled woman at 8 am, and get a lecture about the signs on the door, and how I just got home from work 3 hours ago and just got to sleep. I really just don't like people knocking on my door in general. ...
Ok, I'm a L&O: SVU fanatic... I DVR it on every channel it plays, and sit and watch 4 or 5 episodes before bed. There are VERY VERY few episodes in which the 'rape scene' is even shown, let alone vividly. If you do get a rape scene, it tends to be the before portion and not the actual act itself. The show is more about the law and legal proceedings and detective work than showing graphic rape scenes. So, I would definitely second what Tiger Lily said.. that sounds more...
Looks normal to me. Both my daughter and my niece had a belly like that, 'til they were a little past 3 years. My niece's was even a bit bigger than that. This is her belly now, almost gone. She'll be 4 in a week: http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/e...llieWater4.jpg