or Connect

Posts by dutchgal

Uhhh what? I would hope speech therapy works, or I wouldn't be doing what I do! I'm a speech therapist and see lots of kids and they do improve. We base our approaches on evidenced based practices and proven scientific methods and try to fit our therapy sessions to the child. The fact that DS is crushing on the SLP is great, that means she'll be able to get him to do things that are challenging. Good luck!!
May I suggest a book called "Honey I Wrecked the Kids."?? It's made a ton of difference for me and how my days with DD go. It's Adlerian, it gives a ton of strategies for any given situation, and it gives various reasons and possible causes for the behavior you're dealing with. I was at the end of my rope, and this totally gave me back my parenting Mojo and more importantly, it gave me my kid back. The premise of the book is that kids need to feel connected, courageous,...
My DD is there too. Lately, I have been making sure I run her ragged in the morning, go to a playground, give her lots of opportunities to move around and her nap seems to have returned. Is there a way you can get out and let her run around?
Nobody's mentioned the book Honey I Wrecked The Kids by Alison Schafer. It was a fantastic read while hanging at the end of my rope. I have a strong, spirited, very verbal and smart 2.5 year old girl, and I was ready to hurt this kid the way our days were going. Now, we do have our struggles, but they're not nearly as bad or as long as they used to be, and I know how to diffuse most power struggles now. I highly, highly recommend this book, along with the How to Talk...
We have the Playmobil 1-2-3 stuff, vintage Fisher Price Little People, and the plastic animals mentioned above. Of the three, the animals get the most play--'dis is the momma, did is the dadda and this is the baby!' That and a set of Little Pony Figurines I thought the Playmobil would get way more play. We take it along on holidays in small bunches, and then it gets played with a lot.
Huge hugs to you...wish things were a little more cut and dried for you. Sounds like a frustrating time. FWIW, I totally think you're pg! Hang in there!!
On the tweaked one and the 'untweaked' one, when I blow it up, I can see pink lines. VERY faint.
I can see a VERY VERY VERY faint line...
Why not wait and test again tomorrow? i know it's an agonizing wait, but...
I'm reading this for the second time, because I really do love it. The power struggles I have with DD are totally diffused when I remember the techniques in this book. I'm an absolute fan of this book....