or Connect

Posts by dutchgal

We had the Take and Toss ones, and they hardly ever spilled and worked well. Also, the Rubbermaid straw boxes are also good, and it was the first one DD really took to. Apparently BF kids have a lot more success than with any other sippies. Good luck!
Sending your little guy healing vibes, and you strength to deal with it all...
I could have written your post at that age. My DD is 2.5 now and she now knows that we only watch a DVD at breakfast time. I tell her to say goodbye to the characters after I have paused the DVD and she can still see the characters, and we turn it off. Initially I had to just walk away from her raging, because if I stayed I think she figured she could still convince me with her tantrumming that she needed more Elmo. When I just did the goodbye routine and then walked away,...
The information about your DD is YOUR information, so if you disagree with it, dispute it and set up a telephone call or a meeting. I can't believe they would just write a report after one meeting--totally unfair to you and DD. That would piss me off too. I'm an SLP and I deliberately set up a series of assessment sessions so I can see the child over a few weeks, in a few different moods. Plus, then I get to build rapport with both child and parent which is huge when...
I was just talking to a mom the other day who had turned her bathroom into a teeny nursery for her baby boy, took the toilet out and everything! Sounds like you're thinking along the same lines...looking forward to the pics!
We took Hannah when she was 3 months old. It was great, even with the torrential downpour and the plague-like level of mosquitos that year. We stayed for 2 days (planned for 3 or 4, but couldn't take the bites and we were soaked). We had a little baby tent for her that she layed in. Had the weather cooperated, we may have stayed for a lot longer. She loved looking up at the trees, and because she was EBF, there was no issues with feeding or anything. Enjoy!!!
I'm a huge fan of this book, it hits every nail right on the head. It's Adlerian based parenting, and it works. It's respectful, it's gentle and it really does work. I'm reading it for the second time, and I bet it'll be dog eared by the time Hannah is 4. It goes from the principle that kids need four things: They need to feel connected, they need to feel capable They need to feel counted they need to feel courageous It describes different personalities, gives lots of...
I always see it as layers of stuff. The first time you go through, you can get rid of the obvious stuff. The second time you go through, you get toughter and start asking tougher questions. It just goes on and on from there. If you do it that way, you're always evolving and ready to let go of tougher and tougher stuff. I know it's the way it seems to be in my place! Keep at it, it's totally worth it! (not that I have a totally pristine place now, but I\m getting there, and...
I once had a bit of leftover wine a long time ago. Can't remember what I did with it.
If she knew where they were going, like to the firestation to help other kids who have no stuffies to love after a fire, would she pick out X amount of stuffies? I know this worked with DD. Granted, DD is only 2.5 but when she knows what is going to happen to the toys she lets go of, she's much happier to let them go. We brought them to the firestation together, and the guys there were more than thankful to take them to distribute to traumatized kids, and Hannah talked...