or Connect

Posts by dutchgal

Quote: Originally Posted by shanniesue2 he is almost 21 1/2 months old. I have taken to letting him watch the youtube videos with me in the hopes that I can build up some excitement about bikes. It took DD about .02 seconds after watching another little girl at the campground we were at to figure it all out. She was a little over 2 then, and now we run after her just to keep up with her! To say she loves it is an understatement.
After nursing the other day, I got "Milkamommy feels me better." ~melt~
If I can move from a 3 floor house to a two bedroom condo, so can you downsize and move. Keep chugging, keep tossing and sorting. One day, you'll sit on your couch, look around realize all the hard work you've done and known in your heart that it was so worth it. (Right? That's what we say, right?) I'm still up to my eyeballs in boxes and extra stuff, but it feels SO good to organize it all, and to really examine what can be kept and what can be donated. So far, of the...
OMG--we just moved into our place over the weekend, and whatever I decluttered before the move, is nothing compared to what I have to get rid of to make the space look presentable and livable. Since we've moved, I've assembled 7 boxes of Sally Anne donatables, freecycled a ton of other stuff, and I'm still going strong. Unbelievable. It's to the point where I am counting towels and shoes to make sure we don't each have more than we ultimately need. Give me strength!!
FC is not a reality for this family. We've been decluttering for about 2 months now to get ready for our move to a 2 bedroom condo. Me, DH and DD. We move on Saturday, our moment of truth. I have had such bad sleeps wondering if everything will fit, hoping we've gotten rid of enough stuff. The place we're in right now is 1400+ ft, and we're going to a 980 sq ft place. Wish us all luck!!!
I have been having the same experience. We're moving from a 1400+ sq foot townhouse to a 980 sq ft condo, we just bought it (we're moving this weekend!!), and now DH is FINALLY panicked enough to get rid of stuff I have been trying to get him to look at for years. Some of it still needs a lot of work, but I've never seen so much stuff tossed/shredded/recycled/donated as the last few months. He was king of "We might need that one day" and it's totally getting better....
I've just been reading the Apartment Therapy 8 week cure, and the author suggests an outbox. The outbox is something I've been doing for a while, I just never knew that that was what it was called! The outbox can be an area of your home, a basket, a box, any space that you can put the clutter you think you want to remove from a living space and you just leave it there for a while. After a while you look at the space, and see if you want to take the stuff back out of the...
Hmmm. My first thought is that you seem to have quite a lot of clothes stored up. Do you really need that many for your YDS? Could you go through with ac ritical eye, find stuff that is in rough shape, or keep just the very favorites and consign the rest to buy some updated peices to round out the wardrobe? If I was going to save for a next child, I would only save the favorites of the favorites. So, lay everything out, take half of that amount. Then again take half of...
God, I haven't been on here in months, but so so sorry to read this update. Tears are filling my eyes, wish it weren't so, Tiffani! Many hugs and much healing sent your way...
Where do I sign??