or Connect

Posts by dutchgal

Autumn Mama...
Wow, totally adorable! I might have to copy that idea...
Anyone want some empty baby food jars with lids, along with some empty spice jars with accompanying lids? PM me! I have a whole shopping bag full...
FYI...Kitchen stuff is all taken!
Anyone interested in a breadmaker? I have one, made a few breads with it, and now the novelty has worn off. Too much hassle, too much space for me, but if a keener wants to pick this up, they're welcome to it! I also have a rice maker to give away, plus some Christmas themed cookie tins. Anyone need a box of kitchen items? Bowls, mugs, I can't think of what else is in that box, but it's all from our kitchen. PM me if you are interested....
I'm going to go with a middle of the road response...keep the extremely special stuff, donate the rest, and take this as an opportunity to make popcorn chains, homemade ornaments, gingerbread cookie ornaments and snowflakes from paper. I bet it'll be a holiday they'll remember because of the things you did together, not because of that elf you bought at Wallmart years ago. JMO!
...and here's my experience. My water broke on a Friday afternoon at about 5 PM, I went until Monday morning at about 3 AM before labor started, and that was with Cervadil put in. Just counting that is about 50 hours from my water breaking that labor started, and Hannah was born at 2 PM that Monday. So, that's about 70 or so hours after my water broke that I gave birth. As PP said, I went on how I felt and what I thought baby felt. My MW did take me to a nearby...
I had the same issue with my DD at that age. A mama friend suggested a Rubbermaid drinking box with one of those flip top straws, as it uses the same sort of sucking motion as BFing (although nothing replaces that!). She refused EVERYTHING except for that durned box...go figure! Good luck mama!
Quote: My question is for those of you who have experienced WC/pertussis in yourselves and/or your kids. Is it really, really bad and really, really scary? DH had it, he was affected for about 9 months in total. The month he had it the worst, there were a few nights where I sat up straight in bed, fearing his coughing was going to make him unable to catch his breath. One instance it was pretty close. I'd mentally calculate how long it would take me to...
Here's a neat alternative to storing your kid's art!