or Connect

Posts by dutchgal

I had the same thing with my milk, and I solved it by scalding the milk in a pan for a few seconds and then freezing it ASAP afterwards. Basically it's alipase issue as PP's have mentioned. What you do is pour your freshly expressed milk into a pan, wait for bubbles to start forming at the edges, turn off the heat and pour it into a container, throw it in the freezer as soon as you can. You may have to refridgerate the stuff first to cool it down enough. I have tried...
I made two Black Apple Dolls this weekend, so simple and so much fun to make! I'll definitely make more....will add pics once I have them uploaded.
How about DD spotting a knife I was using to give her apple slices with, she wants to hold it. I say no, she flips out royally. Or, refusing to let her play on the busy road with her little walker toy. Cars go by almost every few seconds! Oh what mean mommies we are...
We just sort of switched up the order of what was done when. So instead of having nursing last, in the rocking chair, we did story and snuggles with dad last, I nursed her *before* bathime, something she totally looks forward to every night. She starts signing for bath in her highchair at dinner already, so I knew the nursing could be overshadowed by the bath. Try switching up the order, maybe "forgetting" the tour of the house until last, ("Oh,we forgot to say goodnight...
I had much the same experience as Aubergine68 had. Water had broken, no action for 48+ hours, cervadil put in, monitored for an hour, was told to go home, and return in 24 hours for another cervadil if labor had not started. Cervadil had been insrerted at 6:00 PM, started to feel light ctx at about 3 AM, full on labor at 8AM, Hannah was born at 2 PM. My contractions were about 30-45 seconds in length and extremely intense, even the doula said they seemed intense from the...
Congrats Dawn!! Cayden will be an excellent big brother...:
Quote: Originally Posted by Autumn Mama Uh-huh, Especially when I'm in a public place, DS2 will insist on having my shirt higher than ever, with me trying to gently pull it down around the rest of me, and he will say "MMMMMPH!!!" in a vehement tone with his little eyebrows furrowed as he shoves it right back up again. It's very cute, but annoying. ...doesn't really help when they start to shout the word "Boob!" in between efforts to keep the...
At least 3-4 of my friends are going, one with a 2+ year old, most with walking nurslings. I have to work, wish I could be there!!
Well, for all intensive purposes.... Intents. And. Purposes. LOVE this thread!!
Quote: Originally Posted by mum4boys We have been down to one nap for months. Maggie is 14 months old. She gets up at 7 am and goes down for her one nap at 11 am. She sleeps any where from 45 minutes to 90 minutes. We start her bedtime routine at 6:15 pm and she is asleep by 7 pm. Same here. Up at 7, nap at about 11-11:30 for two or three hours, then up until 7-7:30 bedtime.