or Connect

Posts by wolfmom

I haven't personally done Zumba but I know it's pretty fun and I would love to try it someday. I agree with the boredom factor. That's why I like FYM because you can use anything for interval training and the strength workouts rotate and change. Have fun whatever you do!
I'm not impressed with that video. That "30 min complete workout" was a bit of overkill given that you are supposed to do it 4 more times and she seemed to be barely getting thru the 1st round. Also her form is terrible, especially given that she tries to verbally give the right advice but then shows it wrong. I'm not sure she knows what a plank should really look like but her bum is way to high in the air.   If you want a "plan" I recommend the Fit Yummy Mummy...
Hugs to you texmati! I know how stressful and scary this is. I also have had some bouts with stress incontinence but I would venture to say that the catheter that you had may be largely to blame. With my first I had this problem (not quite as bad as what you are describing, but definately the same feeling) and he was the only one I had a catheter with. The catheter dilates your urethra (tube from your bladder out) and it can take some time for your body to readjust....
So apparently all that prodromal labor that I had was extremely effective. After having strong contractions spaced out about 20-40 min all saturday and sunday, they became stronger sunday night but were still about 15 min apart until about 11pm. Then they suddenly went straight to 4-5 min apart and quickly picked up in intensity. We called the midwife and I quickly felt like baby was going to come soon. I didn't realize quite how soon though until I started to get...
I'm so happy for her! welcome to the world little Owen!
I am pretty familiar with my cervix when I'm not pregnant but it sure is harder to reach around the big belly! I have to say that it is alot easier on me when I check than when my midwife checks. Plus, I have seriously long arms proportional to the rest of me, so that helps. I can really only reach while I'm sitting on the pot and now I can feel the front of my cervix but I can't quite reach the back of it past the baby's head. I'm hoping that means that I am a good bit...
that's wonderful! I hope my birth is a easy as you make it sound! enjoy your new little boy.
Still about the same here. I'm not having tons of contractions (probably about every 20-30 min or so), but the ones that I am having are very strong and I definately have to breathe thru them. Lots more bloody show and I have definately dilated more since I was checked on wed. I think she said I was only 2 cm then and my cervix was soft but thick. Now once I reach past the cervix and mucous I could actually touch my baby's head! I think I might be 4 cm, maybe 5. I...
ok - I'm feeling a little more upbeat and hopeful today. Probably mostly because I've had dh home to do everything for me today. :) But I did wake up to a surprise. I had a few good contractions this morning and when I checked my cervix in the shower I ended up with bloody show! So surprising because I don't remember actually having any bloody plug with my last 2 until I was well into labor. So not much progress, but the contractions I'm having are feeling sharper and if...
it's hard to tell, but it could be. Some of us do get very tired before labor. I hope it is soon and easy for you!