or Connect

Posts by lifescholar

Best place for a sick baby!

I have: - 2 pouch slings (one is two big so I don't use it, but the other one is getting a LOT of use these days!) - padded RS (doesn't get a lot of use, but I will use it around the house sometimes - mei tai (not getting a lot of use right now in the cold weather, but I did use it a lot in the summer and fall) - BB Slen Babylonia (got a LOT of use in the beginning, using again for winter because it's so cozy!) - "homemade" wrap (hasn't been used much, since I...
My boys were the same length and head circumference (22" and 14.5"), but ODS was 8 lbs. 11 oz. and YDS was 9 lbs. 15 oz.  ODS was super skinny, and YDS had some meat on him. lol   My first labour was an induction at 41 wks 3 days.  I was in induced labour for 54 hours.  With my second, I went into labour on my own at 41 weeks 1 day, and was already about 3 cm dilated when I was augmented for oligohydramnios.  I guess I was in labour for just under 24 hours, but the...
I started nursing school when ODS was 13 months old.  It was hard at times, but I was lucky enough to have my mom for a lot of support, which made a huge difference, I'm sure.   I didn't do as well in school as I could have if I hadn't been a mom, but I was confident in where my priorities lay.  I did enough to get through school, and still spent lots of quality time with my son.   It was a long 4 years, but now I have a good career that will make our lives...
I hate strollers, but if other people use them, it's no skin off my back!   I have been using a stroller just recently a few times while Christmas shopping, so we have somewhere to put our coats and bags.  I hate that I have to use the elevators instead of being able to go on the escalators or stairs.  I hate that I have to steer this thing that always seems to want to go a different way than I do.  I hate that it doesn't fit down half the aisles.  I hate that I...
I know parents who have spent hundreds of dollars on cloth diapers, when finances aren't so much of a concern.  It's VERY easy to spend money on diapers.  But, you can also cloth diaper very cheaply!   When I had my YDS, I was getting $108/week.  My partner at the time was making $10.50/hour and was a horrible spender, so I REALLY needed to save money.  I registered for Kushies diapers at BRU, and was fortunate enough to get 2 packages and a couple of covers.  My mom...
LOL, this thread is awesome! I haven't been around for most of my pregnancy, but am hoping to spend more time here now! My EDD was April 25th. My midwife tried to do a stretch and sweep last Tuesday, but the baby's head was so low that she couldn't reach my cervix well enough around it! She did irritate it a bit, and she said it was REALLY soft and starting to efface, so that was GREAT news! I started taking caullophylum and cimifuga (sp?) on Thursday, and that...