or Connect

Posts by SanDiegolady

I I bought the safety first two ways tandem stroller from costco.com It is big and heavy but the cool thing about it is the front seat can be turned to face the back seat so the kids can face each other. I really like it but my Mom who is pretty tiny hates it because she can't turn it. Works fine for me and dh. I think Amazon.com also has it and you can read review there. Also the shades work really well. I have a side by side stroller that I love for going on dirt roads...
We used pacifers, I pumped and gave breast milk bottles instead of bf'ing just because it worked better for me. My logic with the pacifiers was that they are shown to reduce SIDS and since I was already using a bottle it wouldn't interfere with BF'ing. My daughter was really soothed by it while she was sleeping but neither one of them had to have them. By the time they were 8 months old I realized we had them around but no one was ever using them.
I stopped at 31.5 weeks. I could have gone longer but the drive (55 miles each way) was giving me contractions. Not sure if it was that it was a manual or the bumps in the road or what. My Dr. gave me the option to stop working at 28 weeks also, I think that is the standard for Dr.'s with multiple pregnancy. I went up until my scheduled c-section 38 weeks, without ever having a real contraction. I remember I was not working but I felt pretty good...other than the terrible...
You open the front door with your foot! Your dog has gained 10 lbs because he is now primarily used as a food vacuum after the kids eat.
I wouldn't say you NEED to buy a minivan with twins but with triplets I have heard many parents say it is a must. After the twins were born I traded in my two door car for a four door focus (I worked 55 miles from home) and then after having that the first 6 months of the twins life I traded that in for a Mazda5 (gets pretty good gas mileage), which is considered a crossover vehicle, almost as big as a minivan and seats 6. It really just makes life a lot easier. Double...
Thanks, I also found this product, tote a tot, has anyone tried that? It attaches the car seat to a rolling cary on. ALso does anyone have the Alpha Lux car seat? I'm wondering how it will fit in the plane, I'm thinking if I take the arm rests off it might work.
Any opinions on this http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...0070921x00003a I mean, why not just get a cheap luggage rack? I'd only be using it at the airport, not as a stroller about town.
I was wondering if anyone had found a cheaper alternative to the gogo kidz carseat attachment http://www.gogobabyz.com/products/gogo_kids.html The design is so simple, I just don't understand why it is so expensive. I agree with my hubby that we could make our own with a short and inexpensive trip to home depot but don't want to risk trouble at the airport. I wouldn't mind the cost so much but we have twins so that's about 90 bucks times 2 and even the cheapest ones on...
The only jealousy we have really run across is the nice kind, "Oh you are so lucky, they are just beautiful, wow a boy and a girl", stuff like that. Even if people are jealous I don't think there's anything wrong with that emotion, I was pretty jealous of every pregnant woman I saw when I was getting hormone injections on a daily basis and ultrasounds every other day from our fertility doctor. I have to admit that sometimes I just don't want to talk about the twins with...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruthla DD1 used to HATE to lie down for diaper changes, and insisted on standing up for diaper changes from about 9mo or so- well before she was walking. She'd hold onto something while standing up- at home we had a taller dresser next to the changing table that she used for support. Maybe have the baby hold your shoulders during diaper changes? I do suggest lying the baby down for poopy diapers though. Could you stand up...