or Connect

Posts by BeckC

Oh that would be perfect! But no, I don't believe you can get those in the US. Crappo. Now I'm going to throw a giant tantrum. I do have a question about those though. I don't see how they attach to the bed. I would be worried that the mattresses would shift during the night and baby could fall in the crack. I know our mattress shifts around on our boxspring just from daily use.
Sesa We are in the exact same boat. It sucks. I hope it's over quickly for both of us. We don't have the money right now to join the other program. (Well, now ours is just one program. They changed things while we've been waiting. But it's still more expensive.) Not to mention that the wait in the big program is statistically longer than ours. We might have the money in a couple years, but I really really hope we don't have to wait that long. The idea of...
This might be long, but I need BTDT advice. I've asked here before, but I haven't gotten many responses. I'm a waffler and I need to just make a decision. I need help. Here's our situation. We're adopting our first baby. We're required to have a crib, so we're getting one. (Ikea with Ikea mattress). I'm good with cosleeping in general, but the idea of a brand new baby in my arms in our bed with pillows and covers scares the life out of me. (And sorry, but I need...
I'm glad to hear an update that sounds hopeful. I'm so sorry you're going through all of this.
Happy 1 year anniversary to our nonDDC! I've sent out a bunch of PMs to members we haven't heard from in a while. And I've added a graduate section to the bottom of our list. Nothing new since the non-situation last week. It was at least a decent dry run though of what we'd need to get together if we ever do need to travel last minute. I'm making lists. I like lists. They make me feel like I'm getting something done. lol
This is a "Non Due Date Club" for all the Mamas waiting to adopt kiddos, whether newborn or older. We can share our stories, encourage each other while we wait and be patient (or not) for our little ones to arrive. Feel free to join in if you are waiting for a foster kiddo, a relative or an adoption in any stage. We're not trying to be exclusive at all. Mamas who don't have any kids yet but who are waiting to adopt or foster a kiddo are also welcome. Also feel free to...
I don't know how I missed this. Congratulations! I hope you're enjoying your babymoon.
I got an e-mail from my social worker. The mom's social worker had an appointment yesterday with the mom. The sw showed up and the mom said she'd be down in 10 minutes. After an hour the mom still didn't show up. The sw went up to the apt and there was no answer. I'm going to assume she's decided to parent because I can't just be on pins and needles like this anymore. I e-mailed the social worker and told her that if the mom shows up again and decides to place that...
Still no word. I haven't heard from the social worker since noon yesterday. I don't know if this means that either - the mom is back and forth on parenting, mom has taken profiles home for the night and is still deciding, or mom chose someone besides us and the SW hasn't gotten back to us because she's been busy with the new parents. Or also, maybe mom chose a couple and they took the night to decide if they want to accept. I wish my sw could tweet me updates or...
Still waiting. And no, I didn't sleep last night. lol So here's my not really an update update. Social worker called me at 11am to say that they couldn't track down mom and were assuming that she was going to parent. Then SW called me again at 12 to say that the mom called them and wanted to meet but didn't have transportation. So another SW was leaving right then to go pick her up. Anyway, we should hear in a few hours.