or Connect

Posts by bnhmama

I've been to WDW five times-twice as a kid and three times as an adult.  My honeymoon was there.   Most recent trip was in July.  I cannot wait to go again.  I love it. There is just no other place or experience on earth like it.
Harry Potter Legos!    Technically they're for ds but we'll do them together.  We got every set but the Burrow which my Mom bought it and set it back for his birthday in Feb. Yeah!
No offense meant to the Snuggie lovers but...   From my DH who has a long history of picking out horrible gifts but still should have really known better, I got a Snuggie.  He also got me two dvds and a game I wanted but only because he took ds shopping for me and ds remembered I wanted all those things and picked them out himself.  My ds is 7.   Dh is 33 and had a list that I provided him ages ago with only 5 things on it. He should also have memories of me...
I'd rent a double at WDW.  Then you won't need to lug one on the plane and if someone snatches it while it's parked, you can easily get a replacement and not be out any money.    Yes, sad but true, there's a whole thread at the WDW boards I visit devoted to how to deal with "lost" or stolen strollers. :(  When we were there in July, my cousin's umbrella stroller was stolen while we watched Fantasmic.  Then they had a rented one and that one was "moved."  We think...
I've always wanted to recreate the scene from Christmas Vacation where the FBI bursts in and everyone has to freeze. However, Ellen has her hand on Clark's crotch so I'm not sure how Christmas Friendly that would be. To tone it down, I thought it would be fun for everyone to dress as a character from that movie, with cousin Eddie being prominent. I LOVE the hillarious idea of doing the formal walmart pose.
Who are Chelsea and Adam and how on earth did I miss an entire episode? Did they show two new eps in one night? ETA: Nevermind. Chelsea and Adam were in season 2. I finally watched the newest ep. I agree about Alex being so...indifferent. It was infuriating for Felicia. On one hand, I think it's great she's not yelling and arguing with him about it. On the other hand, it seems like she's being a bit of a doormat. I hate to see the way he's walking all over...
Sorry OP. I'm 33, heavy and I think that dress is the definition of frumpy.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lillian J Much of what a good martial art teacher should be demonstrating/modeling is a respectful, centered, grounded, and dignified demeanor which automatically elicits attention and mutual respect. To slap someone - especially a student, and a smaller person - even symbolically, is not in keeping with any of that. - Lilian This. My ds has been taking Taekwondo for the past year and half. This would NEVER be...
I ran into this problem, too. Ds's daycare providers looked at me like I had just sprouted five more heads when I informed them that he was intact. (They didn't even know what that meant. I had to translate and say NOT circumsized.) Then I had to go on to explain, in detail, what that meant and emphasized many, many times to never do ANYTHING. Even if he poops. Even if he poops a lot. Even if he had diarrhea. And so on. They were just at a loss having never, ever...
Quote: Originally Posted by childsplay My DS was lost at Disneyworld for over an hour. It was his 5'th birthday. We went on a whim because we were nearby. He got jammed in between a massive crowd of people going through the princess castle and was literally ripped away from us. The 'security' chap that we were dealing with actually chuckled and said, "it's Disneyworld, nothing bad happens here!" Then he proceeded to ignore me and take reservations...