or Connect

Posts by maxsmum

I am considering Montessori for my son who will be 4 this fall. I toured a certain school and the classroom last year and LOVED it for me... but had concerns for my son. I decided not to send him last year because I felt that 5 days a week was too many and largely based upon my concern about the quiet and the proper usage of materials. My son is an energetic, talkative, movement oriented person. He is also wildly creative spending most of his day turning everything...
Hi there, haven't posted in quite a while... I am looking for unbleached indian prefolds, infant size in the Cleveland area (new). I need them for a gift next week and don't have time for shipping. Hoping someone here might know of a Cleveland area mom who sells them where I could pick them up? Thanks so much!
Hi there, haven't posted in quite a while... I am looking for unbleached indian prefolds, infant size in the Cleveland area (new). I need them for a gift next week and don't have time for shipping. Hoping someone here might know of a Cleveland area mom who sells them where I could pick them up? Thanks so much!
It was described to me as a ceremony marking her entrance into her religious education. She is six years old.
Hello, we are invited to my niece's consecration. They are jewish (reformed), this will be the first service/ceremony we have been invited to and I am not sure what and if a gift is appropriate? Anyone have experience and/or suggestions?
My DS is now 22 months old, nurses 3x a day, morning nap and bedtime. if I am not there for any of those times he goes to sleep etc. no problem - although the morning can be hard. I am there almost every morning, his dad puts him to bed maybe 2x a month when I am not there and he is fine. Anyway, my DH and I are planning 48 hour getaway for our anniversary in October. My mom will come stay with DS. He is VERY attached to her and she co-sleeps with him etc. I am a...
hi, just wanted to add that children really learn how to speak much more from actual interaction with other people, especially their primary caregiver. seeing someone form the words with their mouth (which cartoons and puppets can't teach them ) etc., turn taking etc. is invaluable. videos could probably expand voacabulary based upon repitition but that is about it. same is true for singing - (speech and hearing background) that said my son started watching videos...
i second the citrus, ds gets the same thing
I have actually had more of my friends/family notice and comment than any child. My son is the only child I know of who is intact where we live now and it worries me quite a bit. I still try not to hide it. It is also socially akward to explain to others why I did not without condeming their choices. I struggle with this all the time. I really believe I did the right thing for my son but the social implications where I live are very real. finding a bunch of non...
Hello, we have been composting for few years. Up until now we had enough yard to do without a bin and could just designate a "pile". Now we are moving to a tiny house with a tiny yard and close neighbors. A closed outdoor bin of some sort if definately in order. I have been browsing some options and many are plastic, but I am leary about using plastic, does it affect the soil? Would it affect vegetables grown using this composted soil? I don't think I am into the...