or Connect

Posts by arcenciel

Not sure where to post this, but I'm hoping this is useful. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about living near radio masts? Can it be harmful to health? I mean like old-fashioned, enormous radio/TV transmitters, not mobile phones or electricity or anything.... We're looking to move and there's a radio mast just outside the village, a few hundred yards from the house.... Any help is appreciated.
: Hi. Just subscribing while I hope for time to read through at least this month's thread....
Hi C, I finally find you here! It was your title that pulled me in though. After a week away with my parents - my Mum who is so verbally supportive of the no-sugar thing - I found out from my Dad they had a huge argument because she bought them candy. Not even disguised sugar, just plain candy.... I'm just going to get stricter, but I love the idea of talking to them about how it makes them feel...
momandmore2, this question is so near to my heart! Having started out on NT and then also tried the raw diet I ended up feeling really confused. I really did like the way I felt on raw foods but I couldn't keep it up. I think perhaps that it's a useful detox, but not necessarily healthy in the long term. As for NT, I like that it is based on thorough research, looking at what people have been eating over thousands of years. I also agree with HerthElde though that people...
My older two boys are now 5 and 6 years old. For a while I was having trouble losing my temper with them but I have done a lot of work on myself and while I don't consider it solved, things are now a lot better. Recently though, I've been tired and unresourceful a lot of the time and have got into the habit of threats or bribery to get them to do what I want. And now I feel stuck. Their behaviour has, of course, got worse on account of my great example Often they...
Just subscribing for now until I have time to come back and read everything. I like what I'm hearing so far.
lori - the recipe for the chocolate fudge balls was off this site: fromSADtoRAW Catherine, that link has LOADS of recipe ideas as well as some links to other raw sites. The money thing is definitely hard. I'm thinking I just have to go and investigate local farms a bit more closely. If you buy fruit in bulk from them (well, not THAT much bulk but a couple of crates instead of a couple of pieces) then I'm sure you can get good deals, but I don't know where or...
quidditchmom, I have always been on the skinny side. Since eating a lot of raw food I haven't really lost much weight - probably only really a couple of pounds - but I am a lot bonier. I just look thinner and my bones stick out - everywhere, on my knees, my face, my shoulders. Something must be changing in my body - and I'm not 100% raw either. In fact, I now feel like I'm starting to have more energy - I didn't feel any better at first. Have you read / heard of Eat...
Hi Lori, I know what you mean! Unfortunately, I think in the end you more or less have to go with what you feel is right. For me, I was ultimately convinced by the Weston Price research which led me to the raw stuff. Weston Price looked at a load of 'traditional' peoples and their diets. Most were eating meat or dairy products, unfortunately for the raw argument, but in particular raw and organ meat! - that'll be popular here! :LOL Anyway, there is a lot of...
Everyone's talking about losing weight! Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased for all you mamas that want to shed excess pounds. But I don't have any excess pounds to shed. I'm 62" and I'm now down to 98 pounds, and my bones are starting to stick out, and to be honest I'm getting a bit worried. Am I just losing the junk, and will it bottom out somewhere soon? I lost the last few pounds to bring back to my pre-child weight when I gave up sugar, but I started losing more the last...