or Connect

Posts by arcenciel

Hello. I'm still reading the posts and charting away. It just seems there's not a lot to mention. I think my cycles are tuning in to the moon a bit more, but I haven't been leaving the light on regularly around the full moon as dh complains! Megan, last cycle! I'd say that was cool, but obviously you're not. When does your dh go for his check? Or do you just wait until af this month? I'm in Switzerland and it's not really hot enough for ac, but dh has summer...
I would assume it's not good for the drinks. Also, I don't know whether there is starch in the greens (I'm guessing there probably is) but I've been reading recently again about how important it is to chew food to digest the starch in the mouth - it not only breaks it up but mixes it with ptyalin which actually turns starch to glucose in the mouth (you can taste it getting sweeter). Ptyalin apparently doesn't work in the acid of the stomach. Some research was done ages ago...
until I gave up sugar, and then wheat, and then all sorts of other things... I didn't realise that so much of my life centred around food. I LOVE going out to a restaurant and I guess we still could sometimes, but not cheaply... and if I go to the cinema, there's no soda or popcorn for me...if we go and visit friends I don't get to eat the cookies... All my choice, and I know why I'm doing it, but it just seems depressing. I really didn't realise how much I looked...
So, either you all are managing so well that you don't need support, or else you've all given up! Me, I've been hanging out on the raw (thanks for the link moma J) and NT threads. Anyway, I just improvised a smoothie (a culturally foreign concept for me :LOL ) with milk, yoghurt, cocoa and dates. The kids loved it and it was really a lifesaver because they're getting fed up not having sugar. They get treats at the weekends but during the week they hardly have...
lynsage, I love spinach too. It's the Nourishing Traditions book by Sally Fallon that has the information. I suppose as long as you don't go too heavy on it all the time, it's ok. quidditchmom, it makes sense to go more slowly with your kids. I know when I gave up sugar I was suddenly aware of how much sugar they were eating and I wanted it to stop immediately! I think if I'd made them change straight away, firstly I wouldn't have had dh's support because he thought it...
Well, if I'm allowed raw dairy and eat then count me in - at least as an aspiring raw fooder! Shaper, thanks for the ideas, some of the sites I found lok really interesting. Why are you cutting out vinegar? Is that all types? Did you know that if you make your own sauercraut, etc. it doesn't have to have vinegar? It really does ferment (I'm using the NT recipes...) which encourages all those healthy bacteria, etc. I think for me it might really help me to keep my...
I've been reading all the posts for a while and it's really interesting. I do have one possibly stupid question though. Does raw exclude raw milk and dairy products? And does it exclude raw meat? Or is it just coincidence that most people eating raw are also vegetarian or vegan? I've been really interested in and convinced by most of the information on raw diets that I've read, but I don't think I could do without my milk or at least cheese or yoghurt or something...
Ooh. Thanks for all the liver ideas. Now maybe I'll be brave enough to try it. After I figure out where to get hold of some healthy stuff... I remember my mum used to cook it for us when I was growing up and I liked it. Don't know why we stopped.... I was drinking my usual yoghurt drink last night and I figured it might be useful to somebody else. It's my version of an Indian drink called lassi. I put in about 2:3 parts yoghurt to water and then for one cup add about...
For me I find it at least slightly confusing because there is so much contradictory information out there and a lot of it at least pretends to be scientific. I guess the body is just so complex that 'they' aren't really sure how it all affects other goings on. The most convincing for me is the fact that people have only been eating grains for a few thousand years and they have to be cooked to be digestible. Surely that shows they are not natural? At least with meat, our...
Here in Switzerland people go mad about the dandelion leaves when they are fresh green in spring. You see people out in the middle of nowhere picking them and restaurants always have salads on the menu at that time of year. They are supposed to be extremely good for you. I've never actually tried them myself though.... I tried the french style baked beans and they went hard 'cos I overdid them. I was disappointed after such a long time... I think I should have checked...