or Connect

Posts by saraann

Thanks for the kind words. It does help to know that I'm not alone in feeling this way. Sometimes I love being a sahm but the hard times are so hard and that's where I am right now. I feel stuck and need to get myself unstuck before it gets even worse. It's nice to have some support here.
I can't remember the last time I had a break and I am starting to get really depressed. My husband works a lot and I stay home with my 2 year old daughter. We also have 3 dogs, the newest of which climbs our fence and gets into the trash and poops and pees in the house. He is a handful and I'm wishing right now that we never agreed to take him. I'm stressed over finances and stressed over just being at home and trying to take care of everything by myself. I don't...
Treasure mapper, I loved your post. It really did a good job at describing what it can feel like to be a sahp.
Does your husband want to work? It might make everyone happier if he's working too. I don't know if that's a possibility but it sounds like he's really unhappy being a SAHP. As a SAHM it's fairly easy to get out and meet other SAHM's but I imagine it'd be a lot harder to meet other SAHD's. I find that if I don't get out and be around other SAHM's who can relate to my day to day life I can get depressed. I imagine that he might be feeling isolated and very alone. Maybe...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheAJs This is what the book I am reading suggests. By doing this, you teach your child how to work issues out on their own. FYI, I haven't had to deal with this too much yet. My DD is 15 months so distraction still works really well... and reasoning doesn't. What book are you reading? I definitely want her to learn how to work out the issues on her own. It's actually a big reason why we go to this...
Quote: Originally Posted by Greenmama2AJ I actually think its unfair to expect children to share toys like this (its a double standard, adults hardly ever share during games) I simply try to teach that we have to have manners when we say, 'sorry, I was here first'. I agree. It would be like if I was making a cake and was getting out the pans and getting the ingredients together and I go to the pantry to get some flour and my husband walks in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bug-a-Boo's Mama I would have told the other child that your DD is playing with the blanket right now and after DD is finished, she can have a turn. I would also tell my DS that we do not grab toys from others hands. Maybe say something along the lines of we ask for it back saying we aren't done playing with it yet. Or I might gently-while explaining that DD was still playing with said item-remove it from her hands. Kind...
Quote: Originally Posted by hergrace I would have sat by the two girls and talked through the emotions. Something like this. To your DD: I know you were playing with the blanket and you are upset that she took it, but we don't grab. To the other girl: I know you are upset that she is grabbing the blanket. DD is upset because she was playing with it when you took it. That way, the other mom has a chance to hear what happened without any...
My dd is 2. We were at a small playgroup last week and she was playing with some toys. She had set up a little bed in a cradle and was going to get some more toys as a part of her game. Another child came and took the blanket from the cradle. DD yelled and grabbed the blanket and put it back in the cradle. The other child was clearly upset and her mom was asking my dd to give it to her child ( all she saw was dd yelling and grabbing). On the one hand I can see...
Quote: Originally Posted by tinybutterfly You could do the same thing with any color...just little dresses, all the same color or different shades of the same color, different styles, possibly wearable for other occassions. All the little black dresses on the link are way under $100.00 I think. This is what I did, I asked them all to wear a black dress of their choice. If she wants matching dresses I think it'd be cool to pick out a...