or Connect

Posts by saraann

Quote: Originally Posted by thekimballs Is he a baby or just a little dog? I'm not sure how old he is. My guess is that he's about 2. He is mellow enough to not still be too young but he does get excited and act puppy like. His teeth are also near perfect which makes me think he's young. It's weird but the foster place hasn't been in touch at all since we found him. I e-mailed a bunch of questions a week ago and haven't heard anything. We...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tangled Hill He's somewhat mouthy and always in the way. He's forever running head first into things (including the backs of my knees - perhaps he's herding me?). He does this too. If I snap my fingers when he does it he'll stop but if he's really excited he just can't help himself. He is definitely herding me. The den digging cracked me up. I can totally picture it. We have two other dogs, one is a...
A little Blue heeler came into our life less then a week ago. We found him running loose outside of our house. We called the # on his tag and found out that we was a foster dog from a heeler rescue program and that he had run away 2 times in the same day from his foster home and that he needed a new foster home. We volunteered. He's a really good dog, very smart and already very loyal. He's very attached to me especially. He has a few problem behaviors such as...
It doesn't sound like he can tolerate dairy or soy. Hemp milk seems to be the most nutritous alternative although I'm unsure of it's fat content. In order to ensure that he is getting the fat he needs you can add healthy oil (olive, coconut, flax) to his food as well as give him foods such as avacado and banana.
nak on her second birthday the "mine" phase started. all day, everyday, "that's my apple, that's my cup, that's my couch, that's my pillow, that's my go upstairs, that's my open door, that's my get in carseat and on and on an on. when i don't comply with her orders she yells at me "that's my mommy!" so tell me, how long does this lovely phase last?
Yes, when I cut out dairy I had a headache for two or three weeks and some digestive problems. I can't remember if there was anything else. Dairy was my favorite food and I was truly addicted.
Parenting is by far without a doubt the hardest thing I have ever done. It's also by far without a doubt the most rewarding. I think you just have a high need baby and haven't seen as many of the rewards yet. Your bond will grow stronger with time. Like a lot of PP I'm more of a toddler person, not so much a baby person. I'd guess this could be true for you as well. High need babies cry a lot, when they get older they still cry a lot but the crying is interspersed...
mommy, mama, mom and Sara.
Raeanne. The infant times were the hardest for me. I do think every stage has it's challenges but for me it just keeps getting easier and easier. I have a two year old now and I like the toddler stage much more then the infant stage tantrums and all. It sounds like you have a high need baby, just like mine. It's hard. One thing that I read when she was small and crying a lot was about crying in arms. http://www.awareparenting.com/comfort.htm It helped me let her cry...
We're dairy and soy free breakfast: eggs, bacon, toast, fried potatos, breakfast burritos, oatmeal, fruit, peanut butter on toast. snacks: guacamole, hummus, popcorn, bean dip, nuts, fruit, veggies, olives. Lunch/Dinner: fajitas, just skip the cheese and sour cream and you're set. falafel, hummus, salads, tacos, roasted meat, roasted and steamed veggies, burritos, pasta. junk: oreos, potato chips, tortilla chips, dried fruit. It's easy to substitute...