or Connect

Posts by saraann

I don't really mind, my daughter is now almost 7 months so doesn't wake for more then a midnight snack or two so my husband can't help with that. HOWEVER... when my dauhter was younger ( so just a few months ago) I used to resent my husband A LOT. I didn't feel that he helped enough, or even really got it in general regarding the new baby. The first few months were really hard and I was so tired and overwhelmed. Now it's more fun then work (even though there still...
I don't want or need any financial help from her or anyone else. We're not rich, but we're not poor either, we're just fine. Just annoyed that she makes these snide comments, has no clue how hard I work to take care of our daughter, belittles my role as a stay at home mom. By help, I meant more, holding the baby so I can take a shower (when she was newborn) or offering to bring over a meal (when she was a newborn), etc. I'd actually be very uncomfortable if she...
me, since I have only one child, if I do have to be up in the middle of the night, I know that I can take a nap with her the next day, while my husband can't take a nap at his work. If I had more then one child, it would be a lot harder because I wouldn't have that option of the nap, unless they napped at the same time which I can imagine would not be the case.
I have a 7 month old and am not 100% sure that I want more then one child for many reasons. If you're son is 6 then a new baby is not going to be a playmate for him, the age difference is pretty big. I have a brother who is 5 years younger then me and the age difference was big enough where we couldn't play much together, but I did have to babysit him and help out a lot, something that at times I resented. Do what's right for your family whether it's one kid or 20. ...
I think it's normal for lots of babies to only nap for 30 minutes (it sure is hard on us moms though). It'll get better, I promise. My daughter would nap 30 minutes at the most but eventually started sleeping longer, up to two hours, now she's back at 3 30 minute naps a day and seems very well rested. She sleeps 11 hours at night so since she' seems happy, I'm fine with it. Have you read anything about "aware parenting" it's an offshoot of AP, it has a different view...
My first job is to take care of my daughter, that's the one thing for sure that will always get done, ahead of anything else. But I do feel responsible for keeping the house clean and organized, doing the grocery shopping, running errands, laundry, cooking. If I have time I even make my husband's lunch for the following day of work. My husband works A LOT but it's his job to take out the trash, take care of the litter box, the diaper pail and we both walk the dogs, some...
I'm a stay at home mom by choice. My husband doesn't make a ton of money, we live frugally and are all very happy that I am able to stay home to take care of our daughter as it's the right decision for our family. Most people are supportive of this. My in-laws, not so much. My MIL(she is my husband's step-mom, not his real mom) seems to think that I sit around all day and do nothing, except maybe watch soap operas (which I don't do). She's made comments that my niece,...