or Connect

Posts by saraann

Thank you for the replies. Great article Frannie, thanks. Tracymom, I think you are right about trying another chiropractor. We've thought about it but he's been hesitant, maybe I can convince him. I've also been trying to convince him to do yoga or pilates but he won't. He did start swimming though so I hope that will help him. He's horrible about taking it easy. He's constantly overdoing it. He has a physical job and works a lot but even so, he sometimes...
It's possible that your child is intolerant to dairy. If he's intolerant to dairy it's likely to be an intolerance to casein or whey, not lactose. Mama's milk has lactose in it and most babies and toddlers have no problem with lactose. Lactose intolerance is something that is likely to be developed later in life since humans aren't designed to consume dairy into adulthood. Intolerance to dairy (cow's milk) is very common for babies and toddlers. Humans are not...
You can pretty much use coconut oil to replace butter in almost any recipe. I use it to make cookies, and things like banana bread, pie crusts. I had back luck with brownies though, that one didn't work out. I've roasted a chicken and rubbed coconut oil on the skin (Instead of butter) and it was so yummy!. I've also stir fried veggies in it. It's great on toast. You can also use it as a moisturizer for your face, hands, as a deep conditioner for your hair. A...
My husband has a really bad back. He has a degenerative disc and he also has arthritis. He has a very physical job so continues to put more and more strain on his back. He half jokes that he's going to be in a wheelchair before he turns 40. It's hard to see him in so much pain. He went to a chiropractor for awhile but his back just got worse. I think it got worse because he'd just go back to work the next day and mess his back up again. It never had a chance to...
Yikes. How scary. I can't imagine how freaked out you must have been. So scary. Thank goodness that snake was dead. I'm so glad everyone is OK although I imagine you're very shook up over it. I remember hearing this snake story awhile ago about a couple who buy's a house in Idaho only to find that it's a hibernation ground for thousands of snakes. http://www.livescience.com/strangene...festation.html Quote: Snakes fell on Lyman Hepworth's head...
So I went for my Pap exam and the midwife commented that she saw some spots but that it was normal. I didn't ask for more information at the time because I'm never good on my feet, I always think of things later but am now wondering what this could possibly be. I called but they are closed so I have to wait till tomorrow to call back and get more information. I have a swollen lymph node in my groin so I'm wondering if the spotting and the swelling of the lymph node are...
yeah, don't let them share. I got my first cold sore as a little kid presumably from sharing chap stick. I'm surprised she's not more careful. I won't share chapstick with anyone because I would hate to give cold sores to anyone else. It is a herpes virus so once you get one, you have them for life.
He sounds like an alcoholic and needs to quit drinking all together. I'm sorry you're going through this. I'd talk to him about quitting and support him in doing so (if he's willing). If he's not willing to do so then I'd definately have to consider leaving because it's only going to get worse.
DD is 21 months and recently went through a very needy stage. Lots if tantrums during this time. She nursed a ton and wanted to be held all the time and developed a lot of new fears. I think it's common as I talked to some other moms who went through a similair stage at the same age. It lasted about a month.
I don't think it's cio. You were right there comforting him by stroking his cheek and humming. I don't consider that the same as leaving him all alone to cry himself to sleep.