or Connect

Posts by saraann

http://www.westonaprice.org/knowyour...conut_oil.html One site with benefits of coconut oil.
I like Nutivia unrefined. I use it in place of butter on toast and in baking. I don't eat dairy so I have gotten used to it as an alternative to butter. I also use it on chicken when roasting and when sauteing some vegetables. I think I've just gotten so used to the flavor that it doesn't really bother me. I don't think I'd like it for eggs though, that doesn't sound very good. When I put it on toast I sometimes put a little salt on it too as butter is sometimes salty...
The last time SIL was over with her two kids she tells me after two hours of being there that her daughter has strep throat. Great, thanks for telling me. She also asked us to babysit our nephew so she could run in a fun run on Thanksgiving Day. He got to our house with a hacking wheezing cough. He sounded like he had bronchitis and was lethargic and unhappy. Thanks again.
Hmm, those last replies were helpful for me. DD is almost two and I had planned to wait at least one more year before even thinking about getting pregnant. I tend to need just a couple of really close intense relationships and I already have one with DH and one with DD I wonder if adding another would be too much for me. DD is very intense and demands my constant attention and I often feel very overwhelmed. Definitely something for me to think about further.
Quote: Originally Posted by LauraLoo This past fall, with dh's permission , I checked into a hotel for the weekend. He was amazed that all I did was watch a little tv, read, took some long baths and read some old journals of mine. That sounds like pure heaven.
My dd is a few weeks older and is nowhere near being ready for potty training. She sounds very sensitive. Have you read this book? http://www.hsperson.com/pages/child.htm If not it may help you to understand her better.
Well that was a fast read. I wish I would have read this book a lot sooner. It explains so much. The book talks a lot about labeling sensitive people as shy. Growing up I was labeled "shy" but as I got older I felt like I just was more quiet then "shy". I liked to observe before jumping in and I also don't feel the need to share everything that comes into my head. I remember being very young, probably 1st or 2nd grade and watching a video about shyness. It was...
OK, so I picked up the book at the library this morning and am already half way through it. I read while dd napped. It is so interesting. I can't wait to read more!
Quote: Originally Posted by Lemon Lady The book "The Highly Sensitive Person" discusses this. Based on her research, she says that HSPs are no more likely than non-HSPs to be depressed unless they have had traumatic childhoods or childhoods during which they were made to feel "less than" because of their sensitivity. Personally, I have tended toward depression, and I did have a pretty awful time as a child. DH, also an HSP, does not struggle with...
Do you think Highly sensitive people are more prone to depression? I have struggled with depression throughout my life and so has DH. I worry that DD will too. Just curious if a lot of HS people struggle with this. My guess would be yes. Just curious.