or Connect

Posts by saraann

I love this thread! We just moved into a 1100 sq ft 2bd 1ba house. We also have an unfinished basement and a yard with a storage shed. For the last 3 years we lived in a 863 Sq ft townhouse with a tiny storage shed. Our new place feels HUGE! It's me, dh, dd, two dogs and a cat. I think living small forces you to declutter...constantly because if you don't you will drown in it. It also forces you to maximize the space and use rooms for multiple purposes. We remodled...
nutivia
I am. For me I get easily overwhelmed when there is a lot going on at once. I am effected by the emotions of people around me and pick up on non-verbal cues easier then the average person. I have a hard time with things such as being in crowds, even a crowded grocery store is too much for me to handle. I have a rich inner life. It used to drive my mom crazy that I could just lay in bed for hours daydreaming. I was very athletic and played softball and soccer but...
Sorry to all of you who are going through this type of thing with your husbands. I think that would be a lot harder to deal with then a sister or a boyfriend. I hope you all find answers and figure out what to do. I want to tell you all to just run for the hills but I know that when you're married and have kids it's just not that simple. We need a gaslighting thread I think.
Well I've decided what to do. I went ahead and e-mailed my sister and I apologized to her for my role in our latest argument (I lost my cool mid-tirade and I called her a b***h)and I apologized for my role in a fight that took place years ago where she actually got physical (I made a joke and didn't realize that it was offensive to her so I apologized for that, after that joke she went off on me for two days solid and hit and pushed me). I have never outright said to her...
It is sad that there are a lot of people out there who do this. Here's another article on gaslighting. http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...lighting_.html
I had never heard of the term gaslighting. My sister fits some of the description http://users.aol.com/Relationshop/De...slighting.html "Gaslighting A common form of brainwashing in which an abuser tries to falsely convince the victim that the victim is defective, for any purpose whatsoever, such as making the victim more pliable and easily controlled, or making the victim more emotional and therefore more needy and dependent. {You're reading "Definition of...
coffemaker toaster food proccessor blender crock pot I use the coffeemaker and toaster every day. The other ones only occassionally but I do like having them when I need them. We used to have a microwave and we were planning to get a new one but honestly I don' miss it at all.
OK, so what I'm asking is: Is it possible to have a relationship with someone who says and does hurtful things but never owns up to any of it. They never admit to any wrongdoing and they never apologize. If not, how do you just let go of a family member Anyone?
Sorry you're going through that. It's hard when you don't feel supported by your family.