or Connect

Posts by Liesel

I am a stay at home with a 3 year old boy and 6month old daughter. My son has always been happiest when he's right there beside me and now that he's three he's as 'clingy' as ever. He has recently been accepted into the neighborhood preschool for just one morning a week. My son is very concerned about being left at the preschool without me. He simply will not leave my side and has shown no desire for preschool. My question is: What exactly is the purpose of preschool?...
I'm looking to see what kind of advice might be out there for introducing a second child into the home. DS is 2 1/2 and he seems to be really supportive and excited but I do sense that he is nervous. For those of you who have already introduced a sibling: 1) what would you do again 2) what do you not recommend I realize that all kids are different but I'm curious to hear about what did and didn't work for you. Cheers,
it's great to read what others are going through. I have really been struggling with what to do about family as well. With our first child we put our foot down and had a great 2 weeks of bonding before anyone showed up. It was a very special time for us. But this time, having a toddler in the house makes it pretty tricky to be as independent and I appreciate that their help may come in handy. This time asked my family to find their own place to stay while they visited...
Thanks for your responses. The doc says that i can't take any prescription creams until after the baby is born! There has got to be some natural remedy...i'll try to find some natural solutions on Google in the mean time.
I am 8 months pregnant and have been suffering from a rash on my arms and legs since my pregnancy began. A skin biopsy finally revealed that I've got Scabies! Yuck! I guess it's like lice but even harder to detect. I don't feel any of the itchy symptoms that are indicative of Scabies but I guess I can't deny the biopsy results. Does anyone out there have any knowledge/experience with scabies and scabies treatments? And how it might affect my baby once it's born? Thanks,
I have a wide eyed and curious 2 1/2 year old with an extremely strong sensitive side and we pride ourselves in always giving him a mature and dignified answer to his questions. Recently however while reading the Young People's Encyclopedia on the Living Worlds, I found myself struggling to find the right words to explain a graphic image of a Polar bear eating a Seal. He's become obsessed with this image and i've explained in about 20 different ways that 1)This is the...
I have always been the 'nice' girl and so was pushed around a lot. I guess being responsible for my toddler and my little unborn bump has given me a confidence that is creating change in my life and how my extended family treat me. I'm learning to stand up for what I believe in for myself and for my kids so I guess there will have to be a bit of a learning curve for everyone else too. That makes a lot of sense. The trick is learning how to stand up for what I believe in...
As a proud mother of a two year old with another due in February I have recently experienced a series of events that have made me questions whether I am suffering from moody mother/pregnancy hormones or if everyone else has gone nuts. For example I am criticized by my family if I don't say something just right or use the right tone. When i ask them why this is they tell me that its because I put on such a strong front that it hadn't occurred to them, but when I opened up...
My key support network (my sisters) were really excited when I was pregnant but now that Samuel is 9 months old they're not around for me. I tried to talk to them about it but all I got was: "just because your child is the center of your universe, he doesn't need to be the center of ours" I feel really disappointed in them for not being around more for me and little Samuel but they're telling me to lay off... I feel like I'm on the verge of PPD. What do I do? Give up on...
Jolly Jumper has recently come out with a stroller called First Wheels and its very similar to the Bugaboo but retails for a few hundred less. http://www.jollyjumper.com/cat12/Firstwheels.aspx[/URL] I've had mine for a few months now and i'm very happy with it.