or Connect

Posts by Joyce in the mts.

Plans for Karen Strange in VT in June have not been solidified. It's through the New England Regional (is that region 1?) MANA conference. Keep your fingers crossed!
Pretty sure I'm taking it in June in VT. Can't wait! (My teacher is taking it with me too.)
1- There is a midwife (CNM) local to me (practically a neighbor) who is going to go do service in Haiti soon. I'd like to honor her by organizing a modest event to raise money to help her defray costs of trip. She'll be there for a month or so. What kind of event do you think would work and how can it be done with most dignity? Thanks for sharing your ideas. 2- Ms. Black I can answer some of what you are asking. My teacher and I don't have a...
This post's purpose is two-fold: 1- to buoy the thread up a bit -and- 2- to elicit some ideas: There is a midwife (CNM) local to me (practically a neighbor) who is going to go do service in Haiti soon. I'd like to honor her by organizing a modest event to raise money to help her defray costs of trip. She'll be there for a month or so. What kind of event do you think would work and how can it be done with most dignity? Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Hi! I just want to encourage you to persist. I'm currently doing the BAI CBE curriculum, am participating in a midwifery study group over in VT (we are all also enrolled with BAI CBE program and the midwife who runs the midwifery study group works with BAI). I live near Gore Mt. Ski Center in the southern Adirondacks. I'm also apprenticing with a midwife who does homebirths all over the north country. So where are you? I am from east of Albany originally in...
Hey greenmomhappymom! I think I know who you are! Howdy! (special wave to the big sis! sweet cuddles to the wee one!) I think you will know who I am too!
Hi everyone! Nice to see old friends and welcome, new friends too! Thanks for stopping by my thread. Dandy, my sis-in-law lived in Brant Lake for many years- raised her kids there. My oldest son (he'll be 30 years old this summer) started school in that school over there when it was the elementary school for North Warren Central. Howdy Amy! Always lovely to see you around. mrsjtc... my area is lovely, I have to agree. Beep your horn next time you go...
Hi I am Joyce and I live near Gore Mt. in the North Creek area. I'm a doula and a midwifery student, working with a CNM who does homebirths. I also work as a parenting support worker for the Baby's Place in North Creek. We have gently used and new with tags childrens' clothing from newborn to size 3t, as well as other baby gear for free or for modest donation. If you know someone in need or if you, yourself are in need come by and see us. We might even be able to...
Ooooh... good idea, Jen.
I just looked and couldn't find it either... Hmmm... I'd email 'em cuz you never know till you ask. OR... maybe someone else will know something more here. Truly... I'd email CAPPA directly.