or Connect

Posts by Joyce in the mts.

Forgot to say: I think that this nuclear family idea was a big mistake anyhow... y'know the mom and dad and 1.2 kids or whatever it was. I don't much like the culture that it has spawned. I prefer a more tribal, extended family anyhow where there is always a safety net for all generations. My mom was born at the beginning of the Great Depression. Her extended family came to live with her and her parents and siblings. She never knew that they were all poor- they had...
All three of my children are over 20 and two of them live here on the property. One son lives with us in our house, and the other lives in a cabin that he and my husband built, up the path. They both work for a living and contribute regularly to the household by doing chores and contributing to bills, i.e.: they haul wood in for the woodstove because it keeps everyone warm, they contribute to the power bill and the phone bill... they buy food and sometimes cook. They...
eco! Hey! Nice to see you! Thanks to all who have posted with open minds and hearts in keeping with the theme of this thread. I honor and value this loving and safe space in which to share. Thank you to stacyann21 for your opening the door for us all. Just to clarify... I do follow Jesus' teachings, but he is not my "one and only" teacher. :heart J.
Wow... REALLY? 61% think 50 is "over the hill"... whatever meaning that connotes. 50 is RICH! Like deep velvet. I cannot tell how much I am looking forward to this upcoming fall when I turn 50. I am loving life. My husband and I are still together and truly finding more and more about one another with which to fall in love, now than ever. We really respect our differences of opinion and honor one another's needs and boundaries. As individuals our creative power has...
More on Imbolc here: http://www.streetprophets.com/story/.../1/10568/62930 Thought-provoking. J.
Imbolc is halfway between the winter solstice and the spring equinox! You begin to notice more light- the days are beginning to noticeably lengthen. (My mom even commented today about how she noticed more daylight.) I'm pagan but not any particular flavor so no orthodox rituals or anything at my house, but I'd say lactating is a GREAT way to celebrate it! Seeing as how it celebrates among other things, the sheep and cows having their offspring and feeding them- why not...
I've been reading this thread daily and sharing it with my husband too. He'll be happy to hear about Ember's safe/healthy arrival. We've both been impressed by how things have unfolded and your determination to keep your power intact. Blessed Be! J.
Well, I think the part that I reject is not so much the divinity of Jesus, but that no one else is divine BUT him, within that mythology/story. I also do not believe that only through Jesus do humans connect with the divine. I believe we need no intercessors between ourselves and God/s/dess/es/The Divine/Universe (and feel free to tack any term for that energy that is within, all around and throughout All Life and all dimensions/planes of experience/existence that works...
I am a current student with MSTM. Enrolled this past fall. Some background about me: I began my path over two decades ago with apprenticeship, and stepped back from it for many reasons. It was the right choice, no regrets. Eventually I began to put my feelers out to see what was up with regard to midwifery education and found MSTM. However, I was still not ready to return to midwifery study, so I watched MSTM with great interest for years. In the meantime, I also...