or Connect

Posts by Joyce in the mts.

Welcome! Honored to meet ya' lazykate! mwherbs, thanks for sharing your knowledge and wisdom... and thanks to all you other women for sharing your hearts, too as well as your knowledge and wisdom. I feel so privileged to have access to so much of such deep value. I am always happy to be here where midwives and midwifery students of all kinds share, support, exchange and be with one another. There's alot of positive energy in that. Do you feel it? I am really...
Well... I'm a (hereditary) Jewish pagan who grew up in the United Methodist Church. I also have some Buddhist tendencies- go figure. (I have had some other spiritual experiences also) There's alot of ceremony and celebration in my life- especially around the winter solstice, I must say. I have found over many years that it is possible and even deeply important to honor my whole path- including walking with Jesus and venerating Buddha. I cannot deny any of it,...
cfiddlin... SO exciting!! There you go! J.
Hi to all the folks who are newly arrived! Today's a study day- still hammering away at vocab since I am at a relative beginning of academic study. I realize the more I learn the more there is to learn. Is it overwhelming? Only when I compare where I am with that nebulous destination of "all that I need to know" (can one ever really know all one needs to know... as a midwife?... as a human being??). The reality I am finding (at the ripe age of 49) is that the...
I let my memberships in CAPPA, DONA and MANA slide... I just cannot afford it all. I am paying for my own education and I am also saving for travel to MSTM next summer for their conference. I just got a new car (new to me- it's a 2006). It's a Chevy Aveo- wee cute little car, bright red, reliable and good on gas. Gotta have it for work. Finally got back on track with study from the holidays (I'm still reeling from the holidays financially). Feel like all I am doing...
Nope, not going to distract you Jen... I am doing homework also! J.
Hi to the new folks in the thread Here's a link to the old thread just in case!: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=576071 (Thought it'd be a good idea to post the above link- there is alot of great info and sharing there.) J.
Hey y'know I am glad to be reminded of the global nature of MDC in general and of this particular tribe. It is very true that other parts of the planet are in other seasons, so again... thanks for that reminder!! It was perfectly appropriate! Hey Jen! Nice to see ya' here today. I envy you going to the MT conf, but I know we'll have a fine time in MI this summer for the MSTM conf. Can't wait! cfiddlin... I trust you and your midwife/preceptor-to-be have set a...
I have fixed the title of the thread so that it reflects our global sisterhood more. Forgive me for labeling it winter, since that is what I see when I look out my window and thanks for reminding me that it is full-on summer in another hemisphere. Take good care and enjoy the day. J.
Here's about me: I'm 49 and started my midwifery education through Michigan School of Traditional Midwifery's two-year distance program this past fall. (Am thinking I will likely travel for apprenticeship opportunities- any midwives out there intrigued by the idea of an older apprentice?) My children are grown- ages 22, almost 25, and 27. I've been married for 30 years. My midwifery goals after training (and certification/licensure if I choose either/both), are...