or Connect

Posts by VeganC

I'm 33 weeks pregnant right now. I've got a 16 month old, who I really, really wanted to nurse throughout the pregnancy and tandem nurse. That worked out fine until I entered my third trimester. My milk dried up, and I started getting those extremely intense creepy crawly, nails on a chalkboard, GET OFF ME RIGHT NOW, feelings. I still try to nurse her at least once everyday, but that really only lasts a few seconds because I just can't stand it. And I'm noticing that she...
I just moved back to California from England, and saw the midwife I'll be using for my homebirth for the first time today. I'm 28 weeks. Her usual fee is $4,000, which includes prenatal, birth, and postnatal. She does work on a sliding scale and can go down in price if we can't afford that. We all (my parents, my husband, and I, since I'm living with my parents and they're going to be helping us pay for it since they're so awesome : ) need to look at finances anyway to see...
I have no energy whatsoever. So tired. With having two kids 18 months apart, when can I expect my energy back? I'm guessing 10-15 years. That sounds about right.
Thanks, everyone! I'm trying not to worry. My gut says he's fine, so he probably is. It looks like his name is going to be Felix.
My sister and I didn't get along really well until she had her daughter 4 and a half years ago. I liked helping her out, and we got pretty close then. Then I moved half way across the world, and we don't keep in touch very often, but I know that we have a lot in common and are passionate about a lot of the same things (we're both pretty AP moms, she recently became vegan, we're both passionate about politics and LGBT rights). I miss her a lot and I can't wait to see her...
My daughter still nurses all of the time. I think I'm only producing little drops here and there. I'm having problems with her wanting to nurse all night. I'm not getting much sleep. I think it's because she's not getting full from milk, so she just keeps on comfort nursing.
We found out on Wednesday that there's a little boy in there! We're busy trying to come up with a name. Girl's names come so much easier to me. We're supposed to go back for another ultrasound next week because he kept his hands crossed in front of his chest, and the technician wasn't able to get a clear enough view of his heart. I'm a little bit worried, but she didn't indicate that she actually thought anything was wrong, so he's probably fine. Everything else...
I'm currently nursing my 13 month old daughter, and I'm due in April with my second, so they'll be 18 months apart. Nursing isn't too bad at the moment, except for at night when she seems to want to nurse all night long. I suspect that that's because I don't have much milk left, so she doesn't get full like she used do, and she thinks it's great to just comfort nurse all night. I'm hoping she'll nurse less during night after the baby is born and my milk comes back in.
This is a question I ask myself again and again. I'm living in the UK with my husband, our daughter, and my ILs (who basically control our lives through their illnesses and manipulation). I'm pregnant with our second. Our living environment is far from ideal, and in my opinion (not my husband's I guess, he thinks it's fine and/or could be fine if we improved it a bit, which will never happen, believe me) it is not a safe or healthy environment. I'm from California, and I...
I ignore it and get the hell out of there. It doesn't flatter me in the slightest, it scares me and makes me uncomfortable. I don't believe for a second that it's their intention to flatter anyone. It is to harrass, intimidate, and control women. The meaning under that whistle is not, "Oh, what a beautiful woman. I bet she's a really great person. I'd love to make her feel good about herself." It's more like, "I'd love to f$%k that b*tch, but since I can't right now,...