or Connect

Posts by VeganC

Just took a test a few hours ago. I'm due mid-April with my second. My first daughter is 10 months old. This is going to take a little while to get used to!!
Thanks. It's not really the best time, but when is it ever? We'll manage somehow. I just hope my milk doesn't dry up. I realllllllllllllllly, really, really don't want my daughter to wean. I want to tandem nurse. And I'm worried about time. Just how do you divide the time? Every waking hour is devoted to my daughter, so how do I go from that to having to devote so much time to a newborn? I don't want my daughter to feel abandoned, the thought of that breaks my heart.
Oops.
I just found out I'm pregnant with my 2nd. My daughter is 10 months and still gets most of her calories through nursing. I need some positive stories, things like your milk didn't dry up and your baby/child didn't wean and everything was just peachy keen (sorry for the rhyme). Please? I don't want to take the boobie milk away from my daughter (if it were to dry up). :
I had never really thought of it as an epiphany before, maybe it was. Whether it was an, "A ha!" moment or not, it did seem a little weird to me. So whether it was just that he was surprised to see a woman breastfeeding and lacked social skills or he's some sort of breastfeeding fetishist, I guess I'll never know. I don't think I've seen him around since. I guess I can hope that I've taught him something, though! Thanks for your replies.
I was born in 86 and nursed for 18 months :
This happened several months ago, but I still think of it from time to time and can't quite figure out if I should take it as creepy or as a compliment. I was sitting on a bench in an indoor shopping center, nursing my daughter. A middle-aged man walked in front of me, and then turned back and stood behind the bench (trying to get a better view? I don't know). He said, "Excuse me, are your breastfeeding?" I turned back to look at him and said, "Yes." He went on to say,...
Uh-oh! Though, I suppose, they really could have done worse. At least hair grows back! My daughter nurses or naps beside me while I'm lazing around on MDC.
Quote: Originally Posted by PJJ What do you use to keep the clothes from being so hard after the line dry? My husband is not down with the line drying due to having the dryer soften them so much. Please advise. Well, I don't know if there's some other secret (if there is, please somebody tell me) but I spend quite a long time shaking things, beating things, and rubbing things together to get them to fluff back up.
Definitely the worry. Worry, worry, and more worry. I have problems with anxiety as well. As soon as I knew I was pregnant, I worried. Worried about miscarriage, worried about stillbirth, worried about SIDS, worried about choking, worried about illnesses, worried that I might be making the wrong decisions, worried she'll die, worried I'll die and leave her motherless... on and on and on. Lack of sleep and time to myself. I find it a bit draining to be on at all times....