or Connect

Posts by Crafty

I had it when I was eleven and almost had to be hospitalized. I had it in my ears, down my throat, on my gums, between my fingers and toes, in the folds of my labia...I wasn't able to eat for about a week, I hallucinated. Even when I felt decent, I couldn't do anything, because the pox were so ginormous that moving was uncomfortable, and they covered so much of my face that I couldn't wear my glasses for fear of bursting them. I was about 5'4 or 5 at the time and the week...
Have you tried acidophilus? I had a problem with constant yeast infections when I was in my late teens. Mine seemed to be caused by stress, followed by, ahem, irritation of the husbandly sort, lol. It was pretty awful. I searched online and found out about acidophilus (I'd already tried everything else I could think of and I was so, so miserable and frustrated), so I started taking acidophilus in capsule form. I've never had another yeast infection. That stuff was magic...
My ds was 25 lbs at six months. He had the most delicious chubby thighs, it was adorable! Now, at nine years old, he's in the 93% for height, but only low 70's% for weight (he's kind of a string bean. Not surprising, since he takes after me, and my father, who is 6'1" and maybe weighs 160, and that's a big maybe, lol). No doctor ever told me there was anything wrong with my son's growth. Babies grow out first, so that they have extra padding for when they grow UP. :)
We eat a lot of beans and rice here in different fashion (eating a bowl of it now! NOM). Here's a recipe your son might like:   Crockpot Black Bean and Brown Rice Burrito Filling   4 cans black beans and their liquid 1.5 cups brown rice 3 cans diced tomatoes (I like at least one can to be the tomatoes w/green chilies) 2 t onion powder 1 t garlic powder 2 t oregano   (You know, I don't even think I add the seasonings, come to think about...
She's adorable! <3   The rash looks exactly like what I get from certain sunscreens. It takes a few days to fade, and yes, it's a little itchy. I got the cheapest kind at Walmart and broke out in a rash pretty quickly- it looks a little like prickly heat. After the second time I used it and got all rashy, I ended up switching to the Sport version, which is fine (I can't remember the ingredient that caused the rash, but I had it figured out last summer!).   Try...
Wow, that is incredibly offensive to all the scientists out there who work their rear ends off to make this world a better place. My husband goes into the lab before it's light out and routinely comes home long past 5 pm, most of the time bringing work home with him- not necessarily because he has to, but because he loves it. I can assure you that he's never skewed data in his life. All the scientists I know LOVE science and would never lower themselves to making up data...
Post polio syndrome is still a HUGE problem for those who suffered from polio, though. And less than 1% is a fine statistic to cite, but if you speak to people who lived through the polio epidemics, most know people who lost family members and friends to the disease, and most remember kids in braces and walking with crutches in their schools. I'm only 30 and had a boss who had a polio leg. Polio wasn't just this little thing that a handful of people got. 
        It CAN present with a cough- I had a bad case of strep when I was young, and my only symptom at first was a cough. My mom kept asking me, "Honey, does your throat hurt?" and I kept telling her no, but I kept coughing and coughing and coughing. Finally, she pulled out the flashlight and peeked down my throat (starting a lifelong obsession with looking down my throat with a flashlight every time I get the slightest throat ailment, lol), and went, "OMG!" because the...
When doctors remove the parts of the colon without ganglia, they remove up to where they can detect the presence of ganglia- not necessarily functioning ganglia, though, which is where your ds might still be having problems. High fiber is great, but it won't do a lot of good if he doesn't have what's needed to push it all the way through, you know? :( What do your doctors suggest?
  Could be any of a number of things. Could be genetics- some people just don't fight off illness as well. Doesn't necessarily mean their immune system is flawed or damaged; some people just seem to catch every little thing (my stepsister's kids are like that). It could be that they just come in contact with more germs; if they're a bigger family, that means more hands that could touch germs, and more people to whom those germs could spread. There are a lot of reasons...