or Connect

Posts by osker

Don't anticipate problems with a second kid if you don't currently have one on the way.  I hear you on the tiredness.. maybe it's a Vit D deficiency?   I'd stick with her for continuity and worry about a second child later on. 
I personally would not see where a tablet would be all that useful.  In school the majority of what I do is read documents, edit documents, write papers, etc.  A tablet would just not be useful. 
That's us to a T.  We're finally coming to the end of seven years of this.  There were some full years and some lean years, and it got much, much, much harder the last two years.  I'm extremely hopeful that we have weathered through the worst of it, but it has taken an extremely strong relationship and a ton of support to get this far.   Part of it is not focusing on all that you are missing and focusing on what you can afford and can do.  Prioritize things that are...
No way, never.  Ick.  
I don't have any advice.. but I'm about to start this as well.  I'm a little bit excited, and a little bit terrified!  In some ways I feel like there will be an element of cool about it, which I think is just me trying to make the best of it... I'm not really sure how the whole sleep during the day thing is going to work. In addition, I'll be doing some day shifts and some night shifts, and in the next six months or so trying to get pregnant.. which means no caffeine....
I agree, I wouldn't stress about it right this moment.  Also, a lot of adoptions either require or strongly recommend that at least one parent stay home with a child for a period of time following their arrival.   What I might recommend is exploring together whether she is currently, or could be eligible for FMLA. If it's possibly something you could help set up now, with the idea being that she would be able to take time off when their child arrives, that might be a...
I'm so sorry for your experience! What a horrible situation.  I, unfortunately, can't speak to OBs with the experience you need, but I want to agree with the idea of starting where you want to end up to minimize transfers, just in case.  I personally know some researchers who are doing great things in the NICU at Brigham (bonding/attachment starting in the NICU), and have many friends who had preemies there and felt comfortable with the care they received there.  I...
We haven't had too many questions at all.  When we announced that we were pregnant only one person asked which one of us was pregnant, and her question was "which one of you is going to be doing the heavy lifting for the next nine months?" To which, I believe, I said "well, I'll keep lifting heavy boxes, and H will be carrying the baby around".  Oh, wait, now I do remember one thoughtless friend. Someone we hadn't seen for years, to whom we used to be very close. We sent...
Hi,   I only have two seconds, but I wanted to say.. it took us 3 years and I don't even know how many cycles. We *guess* that we spent somewhere in the neighborhood of $20,000 for our wonderful, amazing, hilarious, pain in the butt daughter.  She's 2 1/2 now and every penny was worth it. Every moment, every heart ache, every cycle we had to sit out because we just couldn't stomach the idea of the roller coaster yet again.  All worth it for her, for us.     We're...
We just added something new to our routine about three weeks ago. The timing changes from day to day, and I wish it was more set, but it works okay for now.   Bath Brush teeth, comb hair Jammies One book Mama comes in Light a candle, lights out Bedtime snack, cinnamon milk and bread with honey Talk about our blessings Brush teeth again Mommy gets kisses and leaves Mama nurses E to sleep, then leaves (most of the time)   The candlelight and...