or Connect

Posts by osker

Yep, totally normal.  It will evolve and change and you'll be in and out of favor over the years.  If it's really bothering you a lot, talk to your partner and see what she thinks. Maybe she can be just a little slower in swooping in when your daughter gets a boo boo, or let you start a special something that you do for boo boos, for example. E and I have an eskimo kiss thing that she wasn't so sure about at first, but now she loves and it always makes her giggle....
We started out with the midwives in Wellesley and didn't feel as happy there as we had expected. So, we transferred to Cambridge Birth Center. Our midwife was pretty cold and clinical, but at least we had the same one every time and she remembered us from month to month.  In the end, however, my DW had incredibly painful contractions when her water broke. She was dehydrated and needed to be treated for Group B strep. We went in, expecting to get all cozy in one of those...
Hi,  We're thinking of doing this in the future as well.. still not entirely sure as it would most likely come down to costs and babies #3, 4, or 5... Eek!   Just wanted to say, I'm 95% sure the ladies on this blog did this as well: http://followmybabyjourney.blogspot.com/ I don't think it specifically says so, but I think I remember at the time of them getting pregnant with their son that that was their plan.  In Boston there is an RE who specializes in reciprocal...
Mumm, I see you live in MA. Hello neighbor!  I wonder if you couldn't go to the teacher of the class and talk to them? I think PrettyLisa has some good ideas, but perhaps taking them outside of just a home conversation and bringing them to the whole class (and the teacher, who I assume will be teaching this next year and the year after). Perhaps the teacher can be educated and helped to see that moving beyond the "old-school" notion of sex-based manners could be...
Oh my heavens, I just finished another chapter! Hell yes!  So now I am two chapters down, three to go!!!  Also, I finish my internship in nine weeks and we get to move home!  Hooray!
Jenny, that's so exciting! Whoo hooo!!!!   I'm ever so jealous. We are still waiting. I can't stand where we're living, the water here is awful so we have to drink bottled all the time. I just feel that it's not the right environment for pregnancy for many reasons. So, we're waiting. BUT, we move home in NINE WEEKS!  We're so excited to go back home, to be done with the stress of living out here, to be back with family.  Then we can seriously look at life and plan...
Anyone know of a group for moms of multiples in midland TX? Thanks!
We used Laura Sulborski and loved her! She's out of Prominent Properties in Montclair.  
Totally agree!  We go, on a somewhat spaced out timeline. E had trouble with weight gain early on, so we went at 2wks, 3wks, 4wks, 2mos, 4mos, 8mos, 14mos, and we'll go next week at 19mos. It is really nice to hear we're doing an awesome job!
At 17mo, E was doing just like your son and peeing all over the place. We had tried one naked morning and it was craziness. But, by 18mo she had entered into the "proud stage" where she was just so totally proud of every little thing she could do. Wow! I put a shirt over my head! I'm so awesome! ... Wow! I took my shoe off! I'm the greatest!!! ...  You could see in her face that she was realizing all of the things she could do, and loving that she was able to do it by...