or Connect

Posts by osker

We have the Baby Bjorn seat and she seems really comfortable up on it. 
E was sometimes refusing to try the potty a few weeks ago. She didn't want to sit, absolutely refused to poop on the potty, and didn't want to stop playing in order to go.  We took a flying leap and put away the diapers. She's been dry, even at naptime and nights, ever since. We had been attempting to use the potty a few times randomly throughout the day for a few months, but I think the back and forth was annoying her, and once she realized she didn't have to lay down...
Potty train. E was doing this a lot as well and we went ahead and did pants-free 3 day potty training. The first day she thought it was an awesome free for all, but then quickly realized that every time she reached down we assumed she had to pee and put her on the potty. She picked it up quickly and now only reaches when she does have to pee. She's been pants free at home for a week now and after that first day she has very little interest anymore. 
Yep! 18-24months is prime switch to the other parent time. No worries, it will even out in time. 
It sounds very familiar to me! :)  I think encouraging her to ask for help is great.  Does she say help, or would a sign work better? How is her communication? Does she use sign or words or both? How is her sleep? Can you correlate these episodes ever with naptime or near bedtime? This is very typical at this age as the brain is working so much faster than the body and the mouth's ability to make the right sounds.  One of the things that has really, really, really (I...
OMG, I am procrastinating SO MUCH lately! It's really insane.  I sent in Ch1 to my advisor and have heard NOTHING in return. Not even a quick, "got it, thanks". It's so infuriating. Part of me wants to write the entire rest of the dissertation and shove it up her nose, but the rest of me keeps panicking and saying to myself that I haven't heard back because it's just that terrible and she's going to reject the entire thing so why bother moving forward.  I can rationally...
Do you have the low-backed baby bjorn, or the high-backed one? E likes to sit backwards on the low-backed one and that makes it quite a bit like squatting.    We are gearing ourselves up for potty learning, but haven't taken the leap yet. We are renting our place right now and DW is worried about the carpet. What do people use to clean up pee and poo on the carpet? We used to use really heavy duty stuff when we house trained our dog, but that's been years ago and I...
Hi AmandaAnn! You probably want to try out the Queer Conceptions thread for more up to the minute ttc stuff. February is NOW!  Lucky you!
That's wonderful! I'm afraid of the poop misses, so we haven't made the jump...    ETA:  We did it! We decided to just go for it over the long holiday weekend, and E was definitely ready! In a full week of no diapers (except Pull-ups at night), she has peed on the kitchen floor four times, and pooped on her bedroom floor twice (bad mommies weren't watching closely enough!).  Other than that she has been dry and in undies or pants-free the whole week! She stays dry in...
Congrats on the poop in the potty! We haven't gotten that far yet, but we're slowly working on potty learning as well. As for daycare tomorrow, I would suggest leaving the diaper on and seeing how your DCP feels about taking her to the potty mid-morning.  Since she's only there 4.5 hours, I would take her when you get there (so you are the first one going with her to try the new potty), have DCP take her mid-morning, and then take her when you go to pick her up.  While...