or Connect

Posts by osker

I am getting a PsyD, so more clinical rather than research based, but comp exams, classes, and a dissertation. I took a year off when dd was born, but now am back on track to finish in the spring. Everyone in my program with children seems to send them off for vacations in order to finally finish and that's what I am doing as well. Dw and dd will be going to AZ for a couple of days starting tomorrow and I intend to write for four days straight. I'll still have approval and...
Omg, i just wrote the longest response and my phone ate it! Here's the short version. I took a mommy and me class with E when she was brand new. It required me to be out and abou with her, in every way. It was hard for H to let her go, which gave us space to talk and helped her realize that she wasn't seeing me as equal either (which happens and is fine.. This is a Marathon, not a sprint). My confidence in her care increased, being seen by others as THE mom, not one of...
Welcome Elspeth!  The beginning excitement is so much fun! Enjoy it! Revel in it! Roll around in it!!  It's such a lovely, lovely feeling!!!         
Hi Guys!   We're back from our insane month of travel, and I started taking prenatal vitamins yesterday! Whoo hooo!!!     Okay, so really that's not all that exciting.. but it is a little bit.  I would totally love to be pregnant right now.. but I go back to work tomorrow after taking this year off to be with E.. it's a year long job that I absolutely have to finish by Aug 2012 (it's internship for my doctorate), and we're traveling to NOLA in July on a service...
Hi and Welcome!    I'm sorry this road has been tough.  We also went down a rather long road.  I agree that the Queer Conceptions thread is a good one, something at the very least distracting at times.. although my DW thinks that it makes her focus too much and obsess too much during ttc, so try it and see what you think, but don't feel that you have to participate.   We also love Belleruth Naperstek (although if I hear her affirmations for birth one more time after...
Omg, we call it "frat party" and it is insane. She started it about 7-ish months and it still sometimes happens at 12 months. Hers is usually at 2:30am though! ;)  The only thing we've done to help it is to try to be consistent with our response.  She starts out the night in her crib (two feet from our bed) and when she wakes up (around 2:30) she comes into our bed, nurses, and goes back to sleep. When this doesn't work and she has a frat party she gets a couple of...
Really soft stone fruits are great and in season now! Very messy and sticky, but soft and slurpy!
Thanks! It was cozy, but we fit just fine!!
Hi Mtnlisa, Welcome!  Not sure about clomid and bf, might want to ask over on the kellymom.com forums?  We'll be ttc #2, but switching carriers, so not much help there either, sorry.  We'd love to have our kids close together, would've loved to be pg already, but that's not quite in the cards for us just yet. I LOVE babies close together!
Any step in the right direction is a good step! Hooray for good news!