or Connect

Posts by osker

First of all, let me say that your question is totally welcome here, at least in my opinion. Kudos to you for being open-minded! That said, there are a lot of things to think about before going into a plan like this. If it were me making this choice (and I am in no way expecting you to think like I do), I would be looking at my previous relationship with my ex. That might sound a bit weird, but what was your relationship like when you had your son? How did you handle...
You can look for books by Johnny Valentine also. I really enjoyed "The Daddy Machine", where two kids decide to make a machine that makes a daddy when their moms go out for the day. They end up with dozens of daddies that do all kinds of different things when the machine malfunctions. It's pretty cute!
Wow! Congrats on getting started, it's so exciting! I know how it feels to have to sit out a month, which actually feels more like six weeks by the time you get down to it... We just sat out the last month due to travel and are about to order the lil swimmers for this month. It's such a crazy process! My first reaction advice would be... go sit in a hot tub, have a beer, eat chinese food, have some stinky soft cheese... whatever you're going to freak out about if...
Quote: Originally Posted by sal42 First off, I have to say, I haven't posted since my daughter was born (8 months ago!), but I have been lurking around! But I nearly laughed out loud when I read your post and felt the need to respond. We have a vizsla, who is almost 6 years old, though people ask me all the time about my "puppy". He is VERY high energy, high spirited, and overly friendly and sometimes protective (of me and the baby) to the point he...
Wow, I don't really know what to say. This must be so overwhelming for you. Did your friend look for the donor just out of curiosity? Were you looking for some information by trying to find him? I don't ask to be mean, I only ask beacause I think that if you found what you were looking for, maybe you can rest a little easier now knowing that you've found it. For example, knowing for sure that this came from his genes and not yours. I don't really know what I'd do. I...
Oh I'm so excited! I think that Jack will kill Davy Jones and then die at the end (thus no more movies)... Don't know that Will and Elizabeth will get married, too tame for her, but they may end up together anyway... I can't wait!!
Can anyone help me out with some of these Disney movies. I'm not as familiar with them as I'm sure some of you are! Was the Princess in Atlantis black? Also, in that movie, how was the presentation of the latina character, Audrey? Additionally, any thoughts about the new movie The Frog Princess? Is it just me or are frogs a racist symbol for Black people? Thanks again!
Hello and welcome! We're just following our second try as well, and taking a month off for vacation. It's already been quite a roller coaster, and I know we're barely in it. I don't really have any words of wisdom for you... though if you have any for me I'd love to hear them!! One question though, how did you find your known donor? (others can chime in here too.) We had one suitable male friend who we thought would be perfect... we bit the bullet and asked...
Sorry if it's too late for your snow day, but I loved it! It was amusing and interesting while also giving my student mind something to think about... of course I'm a student of psychology, so there's always something to think about! Try it, you might enjoy it!
Hi! Congrats on the new babies to all pps. I don't have my own munchkins (yet) but I've been a nanny for almost ten years and have helped with lots of sleep issues. (In fact, I used to specialize in just newborns.) What I have found works best is the E.A.S.Y. method. I can't remember which book this is in, maybe Baby411, but it's pretty simple and easy to remember! It's basically Eat, Activity, Sleep, You... which means exactly those things, keeping in mind that you...