or Connect

Posts by osker

We do time outs, but not with a time limit. We do "take a break". Our style is to teach deep breath taking. E can already do it at 10 months. When I can see that she's getting frustrated I'll encourage her to take a deep breath and try again. I've noticed already that there are times when she's getting frustrated and just as I'm about to say something she'll take a deep breath on her own. With our little friend who is just 2 (but gifted and cognitively and verbally 3+),...
Your OB may not know anything about it, but don't get discouraged. Ask around your area for a LLL, a lactation consultant, a midwife, someone like that who might know more about it.  My PCP knew nothing but was very supportive. Our midwife group practice turned out to be the place we found the most support and experience.  But, don't assume that people who don't know anything about it won't be supportive either. The nurses in the hospital when E was born thought it was...
I like etsy.com for hand made covers. Also my aunt generously made us some before E was born. She was thrilled that we were interested in her knitting!
We cloth diaper and were very excited to use BG 3.0s.. we bought a ton.. and since then have become more aware about the polyester, although our original concern was because of hard water and STINK issues. We've switched to stuffing out pocket, polyester PUL covers with unbleached cotton prefolds.  It seems to be helping the stink issue, and it helps me feel a little better about what's on her skin.  We're slowly switching over to wool covers and cotton diapers, and I...
Oy, I thought that was my life's work already! Oh, no, wait, we just move a lot.  (I've lived in 17 states, three in the last calendar year!)   Maybe visiting for an extended period would do the trick? :)
Hooray for marriage in New York!!!!   We moved to MA in 2004 and marriage became legal. We moved to NY in 2010 and now marriage is legal..   Look out New Jersey, we're headed your way next!
we give E coconut flakes as finger foods. We also have drizzled olive oil on her veggies since the beginning. She gets steamed veggies cut very small, not pureed, so that helps.
Oddly enough, Ralph Lauren pants seem to fit the best for E.  Also she has some Sweet Beginnings leggings that fit great and some other brand leggings that are horrible.  She has a pair of French pants, Grain de Bleu, I think, that fit well.  But French Obaibi are awful over her diaper.  H&M pants are okay, Gap are not.
I have no advice, sorry.. but I can say that it seems totally understandable that she would want to nurse. DW nurses our 10mo and also takes full time care of a  24 mo. Just recently the 24mo has started to really notice and think about the nursing that she sees. She's commented on whether or not other people nurse, if she can nurse, if her mommy could nurse with her.. and then when that didn't get her very far she just flat out asked DW to nurse. Because she's not ours...
I think I had a clogged duct last week. It seemed like it.. so I got in the tub and sprayed water on it for as long as I could tolerate as hot as it could be because I had heard that it would help. It seemed to help, and also I nursed my 10mo DD as much as I could on that side.  Since then, however, it seems to be still having problems.  It seemed that I got the clog out as there had been pain farther back in my breast on the left side, and now the pain is just in the...