or Connect

Posts by tarheelbaby

Jan. 3- , $86.75 groceries Jan. 4- Jan. 5- $6.78, chocolate and a drink Jan. 6- $18.80 Starbucks and pizza Jan. 7- Jan. 8- $0.69 Krispy Kreme $5ish Starbucks Jan. 9-
Jan. 3- , $86.75 groceries Jan. 4- Jan. 5- $6.78, chocolate and a drink Jan. 6- $18.80 Starbucks and pizza Jan. 7- Jan. 8- $0.69 Krispy Kreme $5ish Starbucks Today was not the best day, for a variety of reasons. Got some upsetting news and have had a headache. So. Last year Prudence used to say FIDO--Forget It, Drive On. That's what my plan is. The next few days should look up some and I'm going to do better. Part of what will help me is that we're...
Jan. 3- , $86.75 groceries (budgeted) Jan. 4- Jan. 5- $6.78, chocolate and a drink Jan. 6- $2.79 Starbucks $16.01 pizza out Total for the day- $18.80 Even though we have “eating out” in the budget, I’m counting the pizza tonight as un-necessary. We had food here in the house. I just wanted a quick supper that I didn’t have to cook because I was anxious to watch college basketball. PS—Carolina pulled it out in overtime, in case you were...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jess A I think you did a great job, especially being at the mall around clearance sales! It takes a lot of discipline make such smart choices. And no spender's remorse is even better . I just saw this! Thank you so much for the words of encouragement! (And I may or may not be eating a Godiva truffle as I type this. )
Jan. 3- , $86.75 groceries Jan. 4- Jan. 5- $1.59 Gator-Ade at Walgreens $1.81 Godiva, $ 3.38 Godiva Total- $6.78 un-necessary spending Went out today with my mom to go check out the last of the post-Christmas clearance. Bought DS's friend a birthday present (budgeted) and ended up finding a deal on that, so I was glad. However, I picked up DS a GatorAde at Walgreen's because he was thirsty (should have remembered something from home!...
Jan. 3- Jan. 4- Never even left the house today; makes it easier not to spend. Plus, it's cold : outside, so it felt good to be in our toasty home. DS and I dipped some pretzels in chocolate this afternoon for a snack, and that was nice!
Quote: Originally Posted by Crunchy*VT*Mom Welcome back Jennifer!! Thanks! It's nice to be back!
Quote: Originally Posted by Tradd I would look for things like bags of chicken thighs - the skinless boneless ones are MUCH cheaper than skinless boneless chicken breasts. Also, chicken pieces (with bones) are cheaper than anything skinless boneless. You would then have the bones/skin bits, etc., to make soup/stock with. Shrimp & salmon are expensive. There are other types of fish that are cheaper. Try frozen filets. One of the best ways to cook...
Jan. 3- As I said before, I did spend at the grocery store today, but it was well within the budget and necessary. Good luck, everyone!
I would like to join y'all's group! Quote: Originally Posted by Crunchy*VT*Mom 1. Please introduce yourself and tell us anything you think it would help us to know about yourself. I'm Jennifer, SAHM to DS, who is 4yo. He has cerebral palsy and I stay busy with him, coordinating therapies, doctor's appointments, preschool, and the like. DH has been deployed, but is scheduled to come home this month, hooray! ...