or Connect

Posts by tarheelbaby

SusanInItaly-- I hear you on the KitchenAid. I got one for Christmas last year, and while I don't use it every day, I easily use it 3-4 times a week. It makes some things such a snap! I use it to mix up meatballs, meatloaf, cookies, muffins, cupcakes, bread, cakes, the list goes on and on. Plus, I've started doubling recipes like meatballs and meatloaf and freezing the second recipe. Talk about a lifesaver on those nights when you just don't feel like cooking. I...
July 1- July 2- July 3- July 4- $8.92 July 5- July 6- $21.98 July 7- July 8- July 9- July 10- July 11- July 12- July 13- July 14- $4 July 15- July 16- $23 July 17- July 18- July 19- July 20- $20 takeout supper July 21- $13 McD's July 22- $40ish @ BabyGap (summer sales; buying for next year) July 23- July 24- $41.48 on a new pair of jeans and a new dress for me
Checking in... July 1- July 2- July 3- July 4- $8.92 July 5- July 6- $21.98 July 7- July 8- July 9- July 10- July 11- July 12- July 13- July 14- $4 July 15- July 16- $23 July 17- July 18- July 19- July 20- $20 takeout supper July 21- $13 McD's July 22- $40ish @ BabyGap (summer sales; buying for next year) July 23- Jeez, has July been like, the longest month ever for anyone else but me?
What are the dates for Tax-Free Weekend in NC?
Also, July 17-
Try my recipe for Faux Starbucks! Seriously, a while back, a lot of us were on a Starbucks kick, and this recipe has helped me save money this month. Faux Starbucks 1 lb coffee 10 cups water Put in pitcher and sit on your counter at least 12 hours. Strain coffee grounds out with cheesecloth into pitcher. Put in fridge. Chill. In tall cup with ice, add 1/3 water, 1/3 coffee concentrate, 1/3 vanilla dairy creamer (and a little milk if you want). I use a...
Been slack about checking in. July 1- July 2- July 3- July 4- $8.92 July 5- July 6- $21.98 July 7- July 8- July 9- July 10- July 11- July 12- July 13- July 14- $4 drinks after wedding July 15- July 16- $23 supper Been hanging in there. Hope everyone's doing well!
Quote: Originally Posted by frog Yep, this. If they can't sell it, they'll probably donate it to some organization that can use it. If it's got life left in it, better to pass it along than trash it. Yes, you're right. If it is not sold at the yard sale (and it's a big one with lots of advertising) then it gets boxed up and sent to the local Salvation Army/Goodwill. Quote: Originally Posted by myjulybabes From what I've...
I'm in the ongoing process of decluttering my house because it is likely that we will move in the first of next year. All of the stuff that we don't use/like/need is being pruned out. My grandmother's church holds a yard sale every year as a fund-raiser for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. So, everything that I am getting rid of I am trying to figure out if it is worthy of going to the yard sale instead of just being thrown out. But I don't yard sale. ...
July 11- It is so flipping hot here. It's too hot to do anything or go anywhere.