or Connect

Posts by terese17

Shared on Facebook!! Crossing my fingers!
We do so many on this list it would be easier to say what we don't do!! We are a family of six, in less than 1,000 sq ft. We minimize by necessity. We use cloth diapers and cloth napkins. We have a garden for food, even though it's tiny. With four boys, every piece of clothing gets reused.
One of my boys was like that.  We just let it grow out, eventually it will get to the point where it is past his eyes.  I only cut my sons hair when it started getting caught in the clips of his overalls all the time.  I totally cried.
Okay, so we live in Iowa. My husband and I have a wedding to go to in new haven at the end of April.  We also have four children, my sister has agreed to watch the older three for a week, but she does not want to take the baby.  He is 11 mths right now and still nursing, although he prefers a cup during the day and sleeps through the night.  We would like to spend some time in new York and possibly go to a few shows.  My dilemma is that if we take the baby with us, the...
There is a govt agency in Iowa called ECIA that provides a 25% down payment on new construction. So we could get a brand new, even picking out kitchen cabinets, three bedroom home with attached garage and full basement for about 110,000. And this is in a good area of town as well a as well.  I would google it and try to find out if there is a similar program wherever you are.  Also check out www.homepath.com. It is fannie Mae foreclosure listings.  They also have special...
so what is an oil wash as opposed to soap?
What is your favorite natural and/or organic soap/body/hair product to use for your children and yourself?  We currently have a combination of SheaMoisture and Burt's Bees and I just bought some Dr. Bronner's.  I'm new to this and I spend a ridiculous amount of time in the store trying to compare labels and prices. 
yes and yes.  to everything.  I had the feeling the other night of wanting to just start jumping up and down in a crowd yelling "me, what about me, I am still here, I am still a person!!!!"  so i went and dyed my hair pink.  not really, i had a few pink streaks put in.  but whatever.  you could also watch this: http://www.themompetition.com/2011/01/be-careful.html?spref=fb  some of her other videos kind of rub me the wrong way, but this one is good.  I've also started...
If I owe my sister 50$ and instead I spend that money getting my hair done, yes, I should prob give her the 50$ first. However, a problem arises when someone else, who is not part of the situation, decides that they have a say. What if my sister tells me to go bet my hair done? And you only know that I owe her money, and that I spent that money on my hair? None of your business, and I don't owe you an explanation. Now if you are referring to this...
My children go to private schools basically for free because of our income. We are also on WIC and the kids get medicaid. I'm confused by this post. Does this mean that I am never supposed to rent a dollar movie? Am I supposed to get rid of our Internet and telephones? I guess the iPad that I am writing on now, which was a bonus at work, should have been sold? None of them are necessary to live. I have expensive name brand shoes, purses, wallets, diaper bags. All...