or Connect

Posts by isaoma

I did a lot of reading and came across this website:http://natural-fertility-info.com/prepare-for-conception The article focuses on getting your body ready for conception by cleansingexcess hormones (psuedo-estrogens for example).  Basically, it is a liver cleanse by itself or with a uterine cleanse  I felt it helped my body recover from the miscarriage as well.  I didn't buy their cleanse products, but took their advice.  Along with the herbs they recommended, I also ate...
I am so sorry for what you are going through.  I couldn't read your post without responding.  Two years ago, I was where you are now.   At that time, dd was 4 1/2 years old.  Dh and I had made the tough decision that she would be our only.  When I found myself unexpectedly pregnant, I went through a gamut of feelings, but in the end I was overjoyed for my "second chance".  Then, I miscarried at 9 weeks.  I was devastated.  I was so afraid that I was too old to have...
I'd love more info on twice gifted children.  
Last week my 6 year old dd made an impassioned plea to become a vegetarian (moral reasons).  I want to honor her personal beliefs, but I am finding it difficult to feed her healthy, nourishing meals outside of a few half-dozen stand-bys.   I need help finding recipes.  I don't mind doing a little extra work, but I don't want to cook two dinners every night.  I usually cook lighter fair during the summer months anyway, but I could really use some help figuring out a...
I unfortunately bought the Townsend Farms berries too.   Just thought I'd add that I am going to get a blood test to see if I have Hepatitis A.  I take basic food handling precautions anyway, but we are going to be traveling and I want to know what I'm up against.  I think it is one thing to choose not to do anything about it, but I just want to make sure I didn't contract the virus.
DD#2 is 6 months old and for the last month she has been pooping every 2-3 days.  I know it is normal for EBF babes to sometimes go for several days without pooping daily, but I am a bit concerned because this has became her routine.  I started consuming yogurt (I have always consumed butter) about the same time she stopped having daily poops.  I am wondering if she is reacting to the dairy in my diet?
Hugs mama.  I know this can be a scary time.  Are you able to get an ultrasound somewhere?  That will help you understand what is going on with your body and the babe.  I had a m/c last August and was bleeding heavily by the time I went to the E/R.  The ultrasound showed that my babe had passed 1-2 weeks prior.  There was nothing to be done.   Many times light bleeding means nothing, many women get it in their first trimester and go on to have a full term birth. ...
Hi All!  I am so happy to find this thread!   I'm 42 (turning 43 next month) and DH & I have a lovely 4 year old DD.  I thought I was happy with an only, but this June I became pregnant quite by surprise.  Like 3surfboys, I was shocked at first, but then realized how much I wanted another child.  DH & DD were over-the-moon.  Sadly, I m/c this past Monday at nearly 11 weeks (although, my babe probably passed around 9 weeks).   I'm devastated and trying to make sense...
I posted this question in the gifted section yesterday.  My dd had a hard year in a new M program this year.  Please let me know what choice you think is best.   Thank you!   http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1315041/choose-teacher-or-the-school#post_16470920
I really need help with school next year for dd (4.5 years old).  She will be starting K next year and we don't know whether to keep her in the school she is now but change classrooms & lead teacher or, change schools.  Both schools we are looking at are Montessori schools.   History: DD started a new Montessori school this year (she attended another M school last year, but we changed schools because we wanted her to attend a school with a primary & elementary...