or Connect

Posts by nmouse

I will be 33 weeks tomorrow and my baby is transverse. I was so happy and enjoying all the little kicks and hiccups right up until I found out he'd switched from head down to transverse. I keep feeling frustrated with him, like I have put all this effort into the pregnancy and here he is balking me by picking the one position in which he just can't come out.  Of course I'm doing inversions, sifting, and a half dozen other things, but so far he's just not budging. I am...
      I had to respond to this--I had the same ideas about myself at a pretty similar weight. But I am convinced by the research that weight cycling is very dangerous, especially for the heart, and pregnant women are at increased risk to regain any weight they recently lost just because of what the body is doing. So losing weight just before TTC and then gaining it back during pregnancy didn't seem like the greatest plan. I got pregnant at 250lb and have had a...
Me. My baby is transverse at 32-33 weeks with his head on my left and his butt on my right. Even though he was head down last time I had an ultrasound, apparently he likes this better. I have been doing couch inversions from spinning babies as well as the sifting and the side-lying pelvic release exercise, and my midwife is having me massage my belly counterclockwise and sleep with the foot of the bed elevated. I've also been seeing the chiropractor for regular...
I just did my 28 week check with my midwife, where for 7 days I checked with my home bg monitor my fasting and then 1 and 2 hour post-meal blood glucose. There were a few higher numbers, but mostly everything was low. Since i did the testing alongside of logging my meals, my midwife was able to help me figure out that raisins in my oatmeal first thing will drive up morning blood sugars, and that I should swap out the fruit that I eat with meals for veggies, since I'm...
I have an Ikea Gulliver crib that I was contemplating using as a sidecar (snugged to the bed with the bedward crib side removed) when I have my baby, but I also have sleep apnea and use a VPAP (similar to a CPAP) as therapy. I thought that the sidecar would be the perfect solution, since no way do I want a baby in the same bed as me and my tube, but now I am wondering, do little newborn babies scooch out of their sidecars and into the bed with you at night? Would I need...
Hearts to everyone going through the GD testing woes!    Dragonflymom I am nesting too, though I don't have much to nest with yet. Since it's my first baby, I am pretty bewildered about what I need to buy and what is just stuff that will get in my way. Today I bought a Gulliver crib off CL to use as a sidecar with my bed, last week I bought some onesies at the used baby store, and I'm trying to come with an idea of where we will put all the baby things that are sure...
Any advice about baby wearing for larger-bodied people? I am putting together a baby registry and one of the things I know I want is baby wraps & slings that will work for me and my partner, who is also not small. We both tend to have some trouble with our backs. I've heard the Moby is good--should we get a few different types of slings? I would like to have some comfortable options for longer wearing and at least one sling that is "easy on/off" for when we just have to...
I used Golden Key Express to get a car across country in 2009. It cost $1,065. They had good reviews with the BBB and their quote didn't seem too out of line with the millions of spam quotes I got once I filled out an online survey.    I didn't use a moving service but used ReloCube, which is like PODS but cheaper and I saw good reviews of them online. You can get a quote online and it gives you cube dimensions. Their quote was a lot cheaper than any van lines, and...
The last thing I really cooked was red lentil dal with brown rice and green salad. The curry does well as a freezer meal too.   Otherwise it's mostly grain-of-choice + steamed-veg-of-choice + bean-of-choice. Not very inspired... 
These answers have been really helpful. Thanks everyone!