or Connect

Posts by nmouse

These are plunge bras. I hadn't heard of them before either until my friend took me bra shopping. I tend to be bra-impaired.
I love all the activity on here!    Trinket90 -  I was thinking you might be able to hit your salt craving and feel nutritious if you try out some tamari almonds and tamari sunflower seeds. We're sposed to eat lots of nuts and seeds, and tamari is salty and tasty. I really like the almonds mixed in with cottage cheese, which is also a little salty. I think the Brewer bp diet says to salt to taste, so don't feel bad.   emmaegbert - Yay! I wish we could see your...
KayPea thanks for posting about the cysts. I got a positive quad screen for trisomy 18 and am going in for an ultrasound soon, so I am nervous what sorts of things they will find. My first trimester screens were negative, the positive only came back from the second trimester bloodwork, so I have not been worrying about T18, and am considering my quad screen as a likely false positive. Still, I do want the u/s just to know if there are any serious anatomical issues that...
Thanks for the ultrasound/doppler reassurance. I finally talked to my mw and she said she's never heard that feedback from a client before, about feeling bruised. I'm nervously getting ready to go for another ultrasound, so mw said to tell them to take their time and require that they be gentle, but uteruses for first time moms tend to be a little sore at times and she has never known an u/s to harm a baby. So guess I will just deal with my fears.   akind I think it...
I just realized this might be the best place to ask this, so for my third post today, can I get opinions / experiences on how much soreness there usually is after ultrasound and doppler?     I had my first ultrasound at 13 weeks and it was very painful, it felt like the tech was ramming it all the way to my spine. I  was sore after. Then I had a doppler a week ago with my midwife, and it felt almost the same. She said she had to pin down the baby to hear the...
hey moms-to-be! Is anyone having crazy pregnancy sex drive? I never expected this!   and on the other side from sexy, I have sneeze-pee already, and this is only my first baby AND I have always done kegel exercises and have formerly been, perhaps, a little too proud of my urinary continence. Boo to sneeze pee. 
oh, and akind, maybe you tried this already, but have you looked into brown men's swim trunks? For the truly hip-endowed this probably wouldn't work, but I enjoy swim trunks, find they come in larger sizes, and don't even bother with women's swim bottoms.
Akind and Dragonfly, love the pics!   I took my 20 week pic last week and found I had to resort to contrasting colors to feel like I could see my belly shape. To me my belly really doesn't look much different from its normal self. although it has grown 4-5 inches, it's been this big or bigger before without me being pregnant. My partner says he can see it, and he's always commenting about the boob growth, what I call the Great Boob Expansion.    About body...
Here's my 20 weeks! I can't always look and see the difference, but when I measure my belly has grown more than 4 inches.   
yay sundress! I wear almost exclusively dresses that fit my chest and flow down over the rest of me. A few are getting a little cramped in the boob area these days, but I expect my torso can grow like crazy and I will not have to change my wardrobe.    even if it is not the typical "bump" Katico, you definitely have something to show for your pregnancy by 16 weeks. I am at 16 weeks and my middle is bigger by 2 inches. Though my weight hasn't budged and there's no...