or Connect

Posts by nmouse

Yes, folks who have been at Birthstream and had good or negative experiences, I also would like to hear about them if you don't mind sharing more.
hello! I am moving to downtown Sacramento next month and have been amassing a list of midwives to consider interviewing. I figure I will ask the midwives I interview about what doctors they think are good in the area, so maybe this would be an okay strategy for you if you have time. I will link the pages I've got so far, so you can see if there's anything you haven't found yet. Sadly I have no recommendation info for you, but maybe we can compare notes in a month or so...
I agree with Xantho--try to give yourself a break!   I endorse a fake-it-till-you-make it approach to loving larger bodies. Whenever you see yourself in the mirror tell yourself (even if silently) that you are beautiful, sexy, and vibrant, that having a belly makes you hot, fertile, abundant, etc. Also it helps to do this anytime you notice "bad body" thoughts. Our ideas about beauty and body size are all from our culture, and culture is malleable and can be what you...
I swim 2-3 times a week and find it very relaxing, though having to skip the hot tub after is a blow. If you are worried about chlorine it is good to use soap on your arms & legs in the shower after, and also wet your hair in the shower beforehand so it doesn't absorb as much chlorine. And of course it helps generally to wear a cap and refrain from gulping down pool water. :)   I work out in the Ocean Aquashape one-piece. They have a lot of stretch in them. Mine is a...
Boots I am so glad you like your gyno and feel supported by her. It really is possible to find great caregivers out there if we keep looking. These days I am on the hunt for an experienced, fat-friendly midwife, fingers crossed. 
Hellos! Here is my info:   * EDD: Nov. 2 * Name: nmouse * Age at conception / Age at delivery:  30/31 * Location: California * How long it took to you to get your BFP: not really sure... several years of "not-not trying" and one cycle of aggressive charting, supplements, targeted sex, and prog cream * What number child is this for you: 1 * Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): partner, kitties * Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): girl girl girl! I...
Hi! I hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to say that I am pretty sure I conceived this pregnancy (my first) on or about the day my (former) gynecologist told me that at 250 lb I was too fat to get pregnant. :) She also told me I would be likely to have a miscarriage because of my weight. 12 weeks and counting... Good luck to all here who are TTC!
Hello! I also am fat and pregnant! I am at 12 weeks, still clocking my roughly 250 pounds and feeling fine. For my physical well-being, I plan to keep up the daily walks and twice-weekly swims throughout the pregnancy, eat frequently, and hope gestational diabetes doesn't strike.    I practice size acceptance and HAES, and intend to go to the NOLOSE conference in Oakland this year to share some fat community and support. As a fat pregnant lady, I have a lot of fear...
My partner and i have always joked we would name our babies after vices and misbehavior. Like the opposite of calling your kids Charity, Patience, etc.   We came up with Malfeasance, Impropriety, Fury, and Haste. Also I have always liked Jezebel. For a boy.
I am ready to join the DDC!   I am 31, it's my first child, EDD is Nov. 2, and I got pregnant after ramping up my BBT/OPK charting and taking various supplements plus progesterone cream.   I am 12 weeks today, and the nausea seems to be fading. My belly grew an inch from what it measured before, but no weight gain yet...