or Connect

Posts by nmouse

tuna - switching to small salmon & tilapia beloved PG Tipps tea cat litter - we agreed I would carry out the compost for 9 months instead allergy spray  prescription skin ointment - I have delicate skin and the most intense rash going now high-intensity exercise - now only swimming & walking where I could still carry on a conversation feta, chevre and brie   beer and wine household cleaners other than baking soda and vinegar - I just cleaned an entire...
I found this article about spotting a good/bad midwife helpful, and modeled some of my questions on it. I have another round of midwife interviewing to do after I move in May, so I will definitely incorporate ideas from this thread--thanks people!   http://www.themidwifenextdoor.com/?p=1362
  Thank you for the congratulations! It feels so wonderful to have people to be excited with and ask questions of. Oh and as for weather, I am with you folks who like sunny weather (it's why I live in California) but I also love a good thunderstorm.    ShannonO: I love the TED link. That is good advice about ways to stay positive.   Northstar: Please more haiku! They make me laugh.    Hykue: I'm glad you had a good doctor visit! oh and please feel free to...
Hi, I'm new to this pregnancy thing and wondering what kind of stuff I should be considering getting done, medically. I am very homebirth oriented and will want to work with a midwife for the delivery. But in the meantime, I have all kinds of questions, (like, is my multivitamin good enough since it has 800mg of folic acid? is it okay to take Tums if I get heartburn?) and I'd like to have someone to talk to.   My health insurance is a PPO, and "midwives" is not a...
Yay! Congratumalations people.   Emma you are totally scaring me because I don't want to be asking midwives in May and having them all tell me they can't do homebirth for November. I am interviewing some midwives in my area this week just to start getting a sense of how this goes, but I won't know for months still where I'm moving. Could be Tucson, could be Seattle, could be Chapel Hill...
You deserve a do-over AND better friends! I would have been in tears in your situation, pregnant or not. 
Just a quick update to say that my blue dye tests weren't wrong. I got a pink FRER positive this morning, 13dpo. I don't know what to think, and I have a deadline today so I CAN'T think, but I am excited!     oh and Hykue: The doc said my remaining ovary would completely compensate, hormonewise. Tho, that doctor who said that seemed to think I was too fat to get pregnant, so maybe she didn't think I was ovulating anyway, but I guess she was wrong :).  also, that is...
Me too! Pink line this morning on a FRER. Woooo! I'm 13dpo, which for a first baby I guess means a due date of Nov. 8. I'm totally dazed. Although I've wanted one for a while, this cycle is the first time I've ever gotten a +. I have no idea what to expect, or if it will stick. I have no regular doctor and no midwife picked out... guess I need to start looking! Except, I expect to move for graduate school in a few months, so whoever I find here, I will just have to find...
ShannonO: I think I'll cheer you on from the sidelines for being a supermom. That describes my own mom too, but I turned out to need serious downtime, so I'm probably not supermom material. I'm hoping my plan, grad school and at least a part-time career as a librarian, can still be compatible with me being a mom though.    Taxlady: I hear you about the choice to get started despite the time not feeling utterly perfect. I've been with my partner since we were...
  Hi, I am new to this forum and want to join up in the thread. Here's my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2ced3c   I am 31. I am actively TTC since 1/11, but this is after years of random unprotected sex with my partner, what we call "not-not-trying." I recently lost one of my ovaries but am told my fertility is intact, so I feel like really going for it while I still have an ovary to work with!   I am worried about difficulties...