or Connect

Posts by tessie

You probably know this, but Ibruprofen isn't a good idea if your kids have asthma. Otherwise, it's really down to what works best for your kids.
I would definitely take steps to reduce fever in the future. Sponging him down with tepid water will also help. (This was the advice of my friend's gp as her son suffered from febrile convulsions.) Fitting caused by fever is more common in boys and almost without exception they grow out of it by about five. But it is scary and unpleasant for both parent and child which is why I'd seek to reduce fever to avoid it happening. I've never heard of it happening as a result...
I'd be loath to use neat tea tree on a baby as it stings like buggery. If it's weeping you want to keep it dry. I ahve to say if it smells bad and is weeping it's probably past the stage where natural meds can help and you need some sort of antiseptic cream and possibly some sort of antibiotic lotion.
If it's been two weeks and self medicating hasn't helped and you're no better, you should see the dr. Hope you feel better soon.
I agree with jessica. Talk it through with him when you've calmed down.
Hmm, it depends on how much pregnant you were and whether it was a natural m/c or a d&c. An early natural m/c and you are usually good to go as soon as you feel ready. If you have any concerns wait and/or see your dr.
I agree with sunflowers. Push breastfeeding whilst a woman is still pregnant by all means, but if a woman is already using formula what good does making her feel bad about her choice do? I am pro breast feeding but some women genuinely can't breastfeed (say due to surgery or medication or adoption). I don't think women should be made to feel guilty for their choice. Far better to expend your energy on promoting breastfeeding to those whose babies aren't yet born or...
Oh. I thought she meant her child had some sort of immune disorder. In which case vaxing would not be recommended. Personally, I'm generally pro-vax. (I vax myself, I don't have any children.) But I'm not you, obviously.
Does he realise that cloth these days are very different to the cloth nappies used years ago? Maybe show him that modern nappies are much easier to use? And cheaper! But, ultimately, if you're the one who will be staying at home to care for the baby, I think you get to choose.
Quote: Originally Posted by hanno I think it would be comforting to be able to nurse one while knowing the other isn't running off somewhere. That is very true. I have a friend how had a runner and it's difficult to chase a toddler with a baby clamped to you boob. Baby rooms = good - as long as they don't have the changing table in there.